Jewish Tour of Rome

baggal

take the train in from the port. rome termini station is an experience not to be missed. check out Romewalks.com. we did the walking tour in may (six of us) which included the jewish getto. while there make sure the guide takes you to the jesuit cathedral as well, it is magnificant and not crowded.

We are doing the standard Ancient Rome (no Vatican) private excursion with one of the leading driver guide companies and were going to include the Great Synagogue of Rome and museum (and delting something on the typical itinerary). Is this pretty much the highlight of that area? Also, if anyone knows the timeframe of this tour, I would appreciate that information as well. Thanks.

About a year and a half ago we did a Jewish Rome tour with RomeinLimo. I believe the tour guide's name was Mindy. She was very informative and interesting about Jewish history in Rome. We combined this with a general tour of Rome. RomeinLimo was very helpful in setting this up and we were very very happy with the whole day. I wish I could go back to that Jewish bakery that Mindy took us to, best macaroons I've had in many years.

I have been doing my homework and see that there are very good 3 hour tours available but all are quite costly...my husband and I would like to join others to do this which keeps the cost down, I will go on the roll call as we get closer, but if anyone is interested in an Aug 5 afternoon or Aug 6 morning to join us...reply. It seems early now, I guess never too early to start planning.

Archived