ATV Tours in Cabo ok for kids?

aamum

I posted this on the Mexican Riviera board but thought I might get some replies on here as well . . .

I need some advice about what to do in Cabo. DH is keen on doing an ATV tour, but we have two boys ages almost 6 and 9, and I'm not so sure it's a great idea. I worry about how safe it would be with kids of that age, plus they both have a bit of asthma which is generally triggered by viral infections, but . . . I would hate for the dust to become an issue for them.

Also, is it really going to hold their interest for 3 hours (the beach tour)? The tour to La Calendaria does seem to be a bit more interesting but is there really enough time to get there and back and not miss the ship departing (we're on M of the Seas, and are supposed to be in port from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm I think)!?

I'm not really interested in doing an ATV tour myself, but I would do it as a family excursion if I felt comfortable with the kids doing it, and also felt comfortable about the timing.

Any advice, suggestions, words of experience? Alternate recommendations?

Thanks very much in advance.

Is this a private tour as opposed to a ship's tour? If so, I would not choose it if it meant I couldn't get back for 3:30. This allows for the eventuality that something may delay you.

Most ATV trips I've seen - not in Mexico though - list an age minimum of 12 or higher.

DH could go by himself, since it seems you're not so keen. ;) It's not necessary for everyone to do the same excursions.

We did an ATV tour in Belize and I would have been pretty nervous with a 6 year old there. It had a lot to do with the trees though. ;) Are there trees on the Cabo beaches? ;)

But seriously - we let our kid drive their own ATVs (kiddie size) on a Cozumel beach -- I would probably allow them on an ATV tour as long as they met the minimum recommended age. But as Boulders said, usually its 12 and higher. So in Cabo, there wasn't one listed? Was it a private tour?

Archived