Favorite Cruising Drinks

I didn't order this one on the ship, but at Nachi Cocom. I was really looking for just a plain Smirnoff Ice...you know the wine coolers sold next to the beer. Anyhow...I asked our wonderful waiter for "You know wine cooler...Smirnoff Ice...like beer." He replied, "Yes, yes!" Well a few minutes later I had what looked like to be my Smirnoff Ice in a plastic cup with some ice. I didn't think twice about it and took a large drink of it!

Yep! It was Smirnoff vodka on ice...literally! An entire cup full of vodka! This made for one of the best cruising stories ever...and very memorable! :D

I try to start off each cruise with a maitai...no kidding!

From then on I try various drinks split up with an occasional beer and wine with dinner.

It's all good! (and tastes so much better with the ocean going by!);)

1 more vote for Love connection & BBC!!!! for the poster that asked a Love Connection is a 3 layer frozen drink with strawberry daquri mix, pina colad mix and frozen mango topped with a shot of rum, they will be the orange ,white & red drinks you see!! BBC is Bananna-Baileys-Colada, Pina Colada mix with Baileys Irish Creme & 1/2 of a bananna, kinda lika a choclate-bananna milkshake!!

Favor to ask...for some of the drinks that people might not be familiar with (like the Labadoozie)--can you say what you think goes in them? Thanks :)

The Labadoozie is only served while on Labadee (which you & I will be on this coming March 19th cruising). Not sure what's in it but it comes with rum and is truly yummy.

My favorite is a Bushwacker - Vodka, Kahlua, bailey's, amoretto (I think) and you can get it on the rocks or frozen. It's best frozen. It tastes like chocolate.

how strong are these drinks? you know when you sometimes order drinks a a chain restaurant and they are so cheap the drink is so watered down. you are better off getting a beer to make sure you are getting what you paid for.

how are the drinks on the ships?

My favorite is the ole Mango Tango. I ordered a Margaritaville machine a couple of years ago and from this wonderful sight found out RCL uses Island Oasis drink mixes.

Then practice makes perfect so I made MANY mango tangos.

They are 1/2 mango daquiri and 1/2 pina colada. (all mixed with Captain Morgan's rum!) I definately have mastered it.. delicious!

It all started when a very lovely lady (critterchick) told me that the way to start my cruise..........she was next to me in the Schooner Bar, was to try one of Royal Caribbeans mojitos. Well.........I've been hooked since, and have tried them in several bars in different parts of the world, and no one

I mean NO ONE........can beat the way Royal Caribbean makes mojitos!!

Oh, I only have one!!

Then it's on to my loved martini's!!

Rick

The Labadozy are normaly only when in Labadee. But I ordered one on the last night in the MDR and they got it for me. I hope to keep this going I want to get so great drinks for the Allure. One other good drink is Luies XIII (I think thats how you spell it) at $80 a shot its a good drink. If you see only one more shot in there take it. If you get the last shot you get to keep the bottle it pure crystal worht like $400.

I think the drink I loved was called a Miami vice? It was pina colada, strawberry and rum but it was stacked on top of each other so it was white on the bottom, red on top. OMG that drink was so good I had about 4 of them til it hit me they were about $12 a pop lol, but well worth it.

It all started when a very lovely lady (critterchick) told me that the way to start my cruise..........she was next to me in the Schooner Bar, was to try one of Royal Caribbeans mojitos. Well.........I've been hooked since, and have tried them in several bars in different parts of the world, and no one

I mean NO ONE........can beat the way Royal Caribbean makes mojitos!!

I agree, mojitos in Boleros. I also love all those shots after dinner in the MDR! :p

Archived