Masonic meets on board......

gingerwolf

I was on the Diamond Princess Jan 16th to 28th 2010 (Auckland to Sydney) and noticed one of our CC Roll Call members met with a group in Skywalkers one morning straight after our CC Meet & Greet. I presumed it was a service group, but when I mentioned it to him, he told me it was Masons. There were about 6 or 7 in the group from USA, OZ, NZ & Singapore. I then noticed that there was a meeting scheduled in the Patter on most (if not all) of the sea days.

While Masonic "get-togethers" happen on some Princess cruises, you will see them much more regularly if you cruise on P&O (and you'll be amongst your own countrymen, guv'nor!)

All P&O ships carry a Masonic Minutes Book which records the functions held on board.

A few years ago, on Oceana, I acted as treasurer for a function where we raised over £300, which was split 50-50 between Masonic charities and the Captain's chosen charities. P&O kindly printed the invitations and souvenir menus.

Edited by lake5298

I'm in the Eastern Star in Louisiana & the incoming Worthy Grand Matron & Patron are planning a trip on the Sapphire Sept. 5 for a round trip from Seattle. We can't wait. There's probably about 20 or more going from the New Orleans area.

When we were on the Coral Princess in December I asked one of the Asst. Cruise Director's about the various groups with meetings and how those were set up. Apparently you can put a request in with the Cruise Directors for any type of special interest group and they will accomodate if there is enough interest.

Any brothers planning on sailing May 18th on the CB? How can I find out if any fellow travelers are planning on a meeting?

Traveling Man.

3 Degree Mason - Mayflower Lodge, Middleboro, MA

32 Degree Scottish Rite - Valley of Boston, MA

• 4 weeks later...
A few years ago an Eastern Star group from California held an Initiation on board a cruise ship, conducted by the Grand Officers of the state.

Not something that happens every day, but it was certainly an occasion for those attending.

really?

Any brothers planning on sailing May 18th on the CB? How can I find out if any fellow travelers are planning on a meeting?

You could always go to the Roll Call (on this forum) for your ship & date and ask?

Alternatively, sit by the pool with one trouser leg rolled up....... :D

Be pro-active when you get onboard and ask the Cruise Director to please schedule a meeting. Only at that scheduled meeting which will be listed in the Patter can you find out if there is sufficient interest that others show up.

Although you can ask on your roll call, typically the roll calls have less than 5% of the people on a cruise, so you really can't get a good idea of interest there.

• 2 months later...

Ask the Cruise Director to schedule a meeting and see who shows up.

• 4 months later...

I am a Master Mason from Woodlawn Lodge #131 on the RGLNS. I saw the notice in the Patter and went down every time to the appointed place and time. Nobody was ever there. I have tried this on 5 Princess Cruises and never met another Brother.

Bro. Carl

As you can see, I have been on a few cruises and have attended at least 12 Masonic get togethers. It is a great way to meet brothers from all over the world. Sometimes some crew members will show up. Enjoy your cruise.

Jack