New 2011 Itiniarys are Posted

RichNY

What will the Norwegian Dawn do between the one night sailing from Boston on oct 21 2010 ant the caribbean sailing out of miami in november? A visit to a dry dock or a repo cruise? I would LOVE to do that repo. If there´ll be one.

I would think a repo and then a few 7 nights ( unless its 5 and 9 nights back to back) before the 10 night on 12/25.

Me too!

As a follow up, I wonder if this means they're moving the Star out of Alaska too.

I think the whole thing is a dumb move on NCL's part. How many of your ships do you need floating around the Caribbean?

That is exactly what I was referring to (Star out of Ak). But, after listening to the web cast today, I think they are just leaving the door open for that to happen. If they rock the western's out of Tampa AND Alaska continues to fall out of favor, then they will no doubt leave the Star in Tampa year round.

The funny part about your question is that there will only be ONE NCL ship in the Caribbean over the summer - The Spirit out of NO. They do have some Bermuda or Bahamas cruises, though. But, the answer to your question looks like it might be six. ;)

Why is there no Caribbean sailings in the summer months for 2011 ? There are three ships between NYC & Boston but nothing in the Caribbean except the Spirit out of NO? I'm bummed. I wanted to try the Epic but it doesn't look like it will be in Florida next summer.

Some lines just don't do the summer in the Caribbean due to uncertainty with the hurricane season. That may be the logic here??!!

Why is there no Caribbean sailings in the summer months for 2011 ? There are three ships between NYC & Boston but nothing in the Caribbean except the Spirit out of NO? I'm bummed. I wanted to try the Epic but it doesn't look like it will be in Florida next summer.

I may be wrong, but I thought the Epic would be out of Miami year round spliting her western and eastern caribbean cruises.

I just checked, and I'm wrong. The Epic during the summer of 2011 will be sailing out of Barcelona....

Some interesting observations. It looks like both the Gem and Jewel will be sailing from NY to the Carribean 4 times in 2011 and only the Gem will be sailing the 10 night itinerary in 2012 with the Jewel continuing to sail the 7 night Florida/Bahamas itinerary. NCL if you are listening here is my suggestion for the Jewel : January and February 1st a 6 day Departing Sunday returning Saturday sailing to Nassau 12:00 to 10:00 and GSC 9:00 to 4:00 with 1 full sea day going down and 2 sea days on the return. 2nd week an 8 day cruise departing Saturday returning Sunday to San Juan, St Thomas, and Tortola with 2 full sea days in both directions. Passanger could even book a B2B and enjoy both. Several years ago the Spirit was sailed similar if not exactly these itineraries.

I would think a repo and then a few 7 nights ( unless its 5 and 9 nights back to back) before the 10 night on 12/25.

I think I am wrong about the Dawn it maybe doing 10/11 nights which is great! I am switching to 11 night President's week. Love the itinerary! NCL-Now lets get this to an NYC sailing ship!;)

These new sailings go on sale today to Latitudes members (guests who have cruised with Norwegian before) along with the line’s top travel partners. The cruises open for sale to the public on Thursday, February 25, 2010. As part of Norwegian’s “Year of the Freestyle Vacation” promotion, all new reservations from today through March 14, 2010 will receive up to a six-category upgrade. In addition, book any category suite including Penthouse, Deluxe Owners Suite, Courtyard Villa and Garden Villa from now through April 1, 2010 on a cruise departing at least nine months prior to sailing and receive up to $300 in on-board credits.

Kind of hard to make sense of the part of that quote that I bolded. Hmmmm. Since not very many cruises depart nine months before they sail, I'll bet not very many three hundred dollar bills will be given away.

InThe

Well, loved the 10 day itinerary so much I had to book it. Christmas and New Years at sea. I thought the price was reasonable.

Al

VERY reasonable- especially for that week! I was originally booked on that one BUT my kids would miss 3 days of school so I had to make a decision on one cruise so I picked President's week. Wish I could do both ( but they would miss 6 days in total)...but my kids can't miss so much school.

I think I am wrong about the Dawn it maybe doing 10/11 nights which is great! I am switching to 11 night President's week. Love the itinerary! NCL-Now lets get this to an NYC sailing ship!;)

Did you happen to see a Dawn repo to Boston?? I can't find it.

Was already considering the 9 day Dawn when they came out with the 10/11 day ones. Then noticed some of the 11 day ones were cheaper than the 10 (obviously dependent upon sailing date). Needless to say, there is now 1 less B1 Aft balcony for the 11 day, 3/28/2012 sailing :). (Wonder if it's too early to start a roll call :D)

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE’S WINTER/SPRING 2011/12 DEPLOYMENT ADDS TAMPA AND ROME AS HOMEPORTS

Line will visit Israel for the first time in more than 10 years; expands Caribbean offerings and extends sailings in Hawaii

Norwegian in Europe

Norwegian Jade’s 11-day Mediterranean and Holy Land itinerary offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit Alanya, Turkey; Limassol, Cyprus; Haifa and Ashdod, Israel; Port Said and Alexandria, Egypt, along with four relaxing days at sea. Featured shore excursions include overnight tours in Israel to Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv, Jaffa, the Dead Sea and Masada, as well as in Egypt to Cairo’s pyramids and tombs. Guests can also discover the Taurus Mountains in Turkey on a 4x4 safari and set off on a wine tour through the picturesque villages in Cyprus. Norwegian Jade’s 10-day Eastern Mediterranean cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia) includes the following ports: Olympia (Katakolon) and Athens (Piraeus), Greece; Thhesus (Izmir), Turkey; and an overnight in Alexandria, Egypt, offering two full days to experience all of the ancient treasures.

###

The above posting looks really exciting but when I went to NCL.com, I didn't see where they stopped any where overnight. Where did you find the information above?

Thanks

The above posting looks really exciting but when I went to NCL.com, I didn't see where they stopped any where overnight. Where did you find the information above?

Thanks

Are you looking at the 11 day or the 10 day? The 10 day shows Tue/Wed in Alexendria from 6:00am Tue to 6:00PM Wed:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia) - 6:00 PM

Thu At Sea - -

Fri Katakolon 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sat Athens (Piraeus) 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sun Ephesus (Izmir) 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue Alexandria 6:00 AM Overnight

Wed - 6:00 PM

Thu At Sea - -

Fri At Sea - -

Sat Rome (Civitavecchia) 5:00 AM -

Are you looking at the 11 day or the 10 day? The 10 day shows Tue/Wed in Alexendria from 6:00am Tue to 6:00PM Wed:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia) - 6:00 PM

Thu At Sea - -

Fri Katakolon 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sat Athens (Piraeus) 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sun Ephesus (Izmir) 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue Alexandria 6:00 AM Overnight

Wed - 6:00 PM

Thu At Sea - -

Fri At Sea - -

Sat Rome (Civitavecchia) 5:00 AM -