iLounge Retail Pricing

clydecruiser

I am pleased about the iLounge and MAC products but wonder about how both pricing and product specification for the retail area will work.

I can see 3 options

1) US Dollar priced in line with US apple stores

2) US Dollar priced but based on the UK apple store prices x current exchange rate so more expensive than US apple store prices - as ship is based in the UK.

3) US Dollar based on either option 1 or 2 less VAT/Local taxes

If options 1 or 3 and with a bit of research into pricing before travelling there could be a bargain to be had for all of us based in the UK and possibly Europe.

I have had a look at 2 prices and there is a saving to be made if US pricing is used.

iPod Touch 32Gb US price $299 (UK equivalent £194) the UK Price is £234

MacBook US price $999 (UK equivalent £648) the UK Price is £816

Well OH asked for Aqua Class for SPA so surely a new gadget for me is OK. The shops onboard have just became a bit dangerous to let me loose in.

In addition you wonder what sort of specification of Macs they will sell e.g. with US, European, or UK power plugs. Similarly iPhones what networks US/European/UK

Wonder what customs will make of all the Apple products coming off the ship?

any thoughts

If you are just looking to save a few dollars. Why buy on the ship?

If you look at local classifieds in the your city or Craigs or EBay you can always find someone who recently paid too much for their Apple product and now they need money. Sometimes they sell for 25% off retail and are only months old.:rolleyes:

You could also buy a comparably equiped non-Apple product without the minimalist stark design for considerably less.:D

I'll bet the iPads will fly especially as a book reader.

I imagine offererings will be standard builds for all devices. Not sure about plugs, is there much opportunity for Apple devices in Europe? I know I needed a charger and when in San Juan the brand was not to be found.

Duty free will be a nice opportunity like the cameras that are sold on board

Archived