Star coming to Tampa!!

newsman

Finally, those of us on the left coast of Florida are going to get an NCL ship calling Tampa home (if only for 6 months). No longer are Carnival, RCCL and Holland Am our only choices.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/tourism/article1075180.ece

When can i book.

you are fortunate, its a great ship and we were lucky to have her on the west coast the past few years. one tip if you sail on her, get to the port as early as you can board, and go for the hottub on the top deck foreward of the beirgarden bar. its a lone hottub and an awesome place to relax with a beer while the ship departs.

Tuffy: They are having a press conference here today. I'll post if they say anything.

Runnerdoc: I've been on her out of LA. Really looking forward to doing a Mayan Riviera on her to match the Mexican Riviera we did.

What is the itinerary going to be?

7 Day Western Caribbean is all they said so far....

Just hear the news while I was driving home from TPA. I haven't sailed on NCL so this will be a great way to give it a try :D

YIPPEE.. I'm in central Florida and now have PC and Tampa as choices. Already checking out the Star. I like the 7-day schedule Tampa; Roatan; Belize City; Costa Maya; Cozumel.. Sailings begin October 2011.

Perfect! I was disappointed when RCI didn't offer more 7 day cruises on the Radiance so this is going to be a great option :D

I'm guessing she won't be using the terminals used by Carnival and RCCL (2 and 3) so she'll probably be at 6. There should be plenty of parking around terminal 6. Unfortunately 6 is a little bit of a walk from the aquarium and channelside with it's shops and restaurants.

Great move on NCL's part! It was interesting when I read about this in the Tampa Tribune earlier in week though. They quoted a AAA South representative about how this is a good thing as there will be more competition out of Tampa.

Those who have dealt with AAA in the past and have tried to book a NCL cruise with AAA will know how this is very ironic. AAA has steered many potential customers away from NCL based on my past experiences and past postings from others here. I can only hope that this will help forge a positive relationship between NCL and AAA as there are a large number of AAA offices in the Tampa area.

Not for anything at all!

I tried.... I have to give NCL more credit though.

I have posted for years they need to resume short cruises out of Miami after the Majesty left in 2003. That was done with the Sky.

I have posted for years that they need to sail from Port Canaveral as Miami is congested mess. Done with the Sun from Port Canaveral.

I have posted for years that Tampa would be a great NCL departure point as I am biased because it is my closest port. It also has a great port facility with nice shops, a great aquarium and restaurants. Done with the Star from Tampa!

I'm glad you have posted for years. BFD

I tried.... I have to give NCL more credit though.

I have posted for years they need to resume short cruises out of Miami after the Majesty left in 2003. That was done with the Sky.

I have posted for years that they need to sail from Port Canaveral as Miami is congested mess. Done with the Sun from Port Canaveral.

I have posted for years that Tampa would be a great NCL departure point as I am biased because it is my closest port. It also has a great port facility with nice shops, a great aquarium and restaurants. Done with the Star from Tampa!

Archived