San Diego - Where to Watch Olympics w/kids

smokiebk

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place in San Diego we might be able to watch some of the Olympics with our 2 kids (besides our hotel room)? We'll be in SD the last two days, and I'm crossing my fingers Canada will be in the gold medal hockey game!! Also, what are some good sports bars in SD? Thx!

Trophy's chain of restaurants has sadly closed. If you are near a San Diego trolley station, you can take that to the Mission Valley Center stop and walk over to Seau's which is quite popular as a sports bar (owned by Junior Seau the football player). There are also several decent sports bars in the Gaslamp Quarter. Those that are only bars will usually not allow children, but some are combined with restaurants. Check with your hotel concierge. Oggie's Pizza near Shelter Island would also be one possibility.

Here is a pretty complete list: http://www.sportstavern.com/scalifornia/sd.html

Good luck to your hockey team, but better luck to the USA team!

Not knowing where you are staying it is hard to say. But, most restaurants with bars will have areas you can sit with your kids. Kids cannot sit at the actual bar (we are not that liberal in CA :eek:) but most restaurant bars have tables where you can sit. We do it all the time so they can watch sports. I would think most bars will have something like the gold medal hockey game on, especially if the USA makes it thru.

I believe there is a Fox Sports Grill downtown. I have not been to that location but we did have one by me and it was family friendly. I would think they would run Olympic events.

Jen in SoCal

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place in San Diego we might be able to watch some of the Olympics with our 2 kids (besides our hotel room)? We'll be in SD the last two days, and I'm crossing my fingers Canada will be in the gold medal hockey game!! Also, what are some good sports bars in SD? Thx!

The Fox Grill is in the new Hilton Bayfront and is a wonderful spot!! We went there for a meal when we stayed at the hotel but I didn't realize that the sports bar had locations in other cities. It faces San Diego Bay and has a nice menu besides having tvs etc so it is definitely family friendly!!!

Archived