Dead Passenger on the Ecstacy last Week

dliteu

Nobody knows anything, the FBI hasn't released any info. Lots of speculation has led to a bunch of explosive threads in the last few days. Simply put, no one really knows anything, at least no one that is speaking to us on these boards. There was one "news site" that claimed it was foul play but then every other news site has said no determination has been made and some were saying foul play was not suspected. And thats about all that has come out that you can say at this point...sorry.

Hi Dliteu,

There was a thread, actually 2 of them last week about the death. A lot of speculation and it degenerated into flaming. As others have said, the results will come out later. I prefer to wait for the official results and not get involved on the threads!

Lee

Foul play or natural causes???????????

If natural cause, 14 million people will cruise this year. That means that each week about 270,000 people are cruising. A death on a cruise ship is NOT unusual. If I didn't plan to live forever, on a cruise ship would be in my plan.

[Last day, of course]

So I googled since I hadn't heard this and I found myself on a website about cruise law news and there is also an article about a passenger who was indicted on Feb. 18, 2010 for sexually abusing a then 13 year old girl on the Disney Wonder back in 2006.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That was covered on another thread here over the past few days.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1148050&highlight=ecstasy+death+murder

This is the slightly tamer Round 2 or 3 version...I dont even remember at this point... The first one got "Administrated" and then this one came out shortly after but feels like such a zombie at this point... Some, myself included, didnt appreciated it being sensationalized so they joked about it, the people offended by the joking then attacked the jokesters, and then all sorts of chaos broke out...the next time around, more of the same but at least a bit less vicious... ;) :rolleyes:

The local tv news in Houston has had reports for the last few days. This evening the local NBC affiliate reported that the autopsy revealed no signs of trauma on the body but it would be a few weeks before toxicology reports are finished. Yesterday the family of the deceased were interviewed and stated that they did not believe the fiance was involved. This is all quite strange for a 32 year-old.

Here is more information: (a web site about cruise bruise)

February 22, 2010

Another Cruise Ship Death - This One Has An Arrest History

Reports are coming in that a female cruise ship passenger, Kipi Holcomb, 32, aboard Carnival Cruise Line's Ecstasy was beaten to death in a vicious murder on Saturday February 20, 2010.

If you ask the FBI what happened to Holcomb, they will tell you there was no sign of traumatic death. Yet, somehow that is what numerous media reports are saying. Along with that, some of those reports are saying Holcomb got married on the cruise to the boyfriend she sailed with.

I haven't seen any evidence of those facts, but in the course of my investigation did come up with some other interesting facts, that may have lead people to believe she was beaten to death. There was that call to OnStar asking for help, alleging her boyfriend was beating her on the side of the road late last year.

I could see how that might lead some to speculate she had been murdered by the boyfriend. Who knows if it is even the same boyfriend? But, what that boyfriend told the OnStar operator, and her arrest history might lead others to believe she simply took her own life.

I am sure the details will be forth coming soon. Until then, you can familiarize yourself with the REAL history of this case, before the cruise, something you will not find on any other news site.

Here is more information: (a web site about cruise bruise)

February 22, 2010

Another Cruise Ship Death - This One Has An Arrest History

Reports are coming in that a female cruise ship passenger, Kipi Holcomb, 32, aboard Carnival Cruise Line's Ecstasy was beaten to death in a vicious murder on Saturday February 20, 2010.

If you ask the FBI what happened to Holcomb, they will tell you there was no sign of traumatic death. Yet, somehow that is what numerous media reports are saying. Along with that, some of those reports are saying Holcomb got married on the cruise to the boyfriend she sailed with.

I haven't seen any evidence of those facts, but in the course of my investigation did come up with some other interesting facts, that may have lead people to believe she was beaten to death. There was that call to OnStar asking for help, alleging her boyfriend was beating her on the side of the road late last year.

I could see how that might lead some to speculate she had been murdered by the boyfriend. Who knows if it is even the same boyfriend? But, what that boyfriend told the OnStar operator, and her arrest history might lead others to believe she simply took her own life.

I am sure the details will be forth coming soon. Until then, you can familiarize yourself with the REAL history of this case, before the cruise, something you will not find on any other news site.

Earlier threads have already proven the concept that sensational news draws attention. Unfortunately for the validity of cruise bruise, every other media report except for the one on the family badge has been claiming there was no foul play, there were no signs of trama seen on the autopsy, that the couple was in love and looking for an engagement ring stone on this cruise, all from statements made by the FBI, the Galveston Coroner, and the deceased's family. Of course, its not like those parties would have the truth of the matter, just "news blogs"...:rolleyes:

Who cares?

Seriously. Walk into a hotel and chances are people have died there. Walk into a hospital and it's a daily occurrence.

And to the small minded people who claim they are wigged out about sleeping in a room where someone died....Well, that's just sad. How do you know you haven't already?

I think these are all the same people that watch Nancy Grace and lock their screen doors.

The only thing about her past is that on that site, you can click to see all of her prior arrests. Whether or not she was murdered, she was arrested several times on issues related to alcohol. Whether it was accidental overdose, etc.... the FBI will figure it out. Healthy women in their 30s certainly don't just die...

Who cares?

Seriously. Walk into a hotel and chances are people have died there. Walk into a hospital and it's a daily occurrence.

And to the small minded people who claim they are wigged out about sleeping in a room where someone died....Well, that's just sad. How do you know you haven't already?

I think these are all the same people that watch Nancy Grace and lock their screen doors.

Sick or injured people die in hospitals... a specific part of the general population: sick/injured people.

The deceased was healthy enough to go on vacation and was young....

Yes, there were earlier reports on the threads about the OnStar thing. But that story just throws more negative implications on the boyfriend who has been pretty much vindicated at this point. Just reading the paragraph from that site I notice it has a first person inflection, immediately meaning it is not an unbiased, edited news site, but rather a blog. The fuller article chooses to make no mention of several other stories about the deceased, including her semester at sea where she was medically evacuated.

I'm in medical school learning about all the ways "healthy adults" can suddenly pass away and it's not such an extreme scenario, especially when there is the potential for a pre-existing condition. You don't have to overdose on anything to be a healthy adult that suddenly dies. If she had been drinking, which I suppose could be assumed, so many things can go wrong when there are preexisting conditions even without her getting drunk or overdosing on other substances. This is contrary to the beliefs of a lot of posters on the earlier threads who believed it had to be murder because sudden death doesn't happen... :confused:

As for the FBI figuring it out, they will, and they will inform the family, but whether that information is ever released beyond that will have to wait to be seen.

Archived