O website glitch

Ms Understood

Anybody had this problem: for a brief moment in time a shore excursion to Hamburg from Keil was offered and I put it my "shopping cart". I did not reserve/pay for it because I was waiting to see if my sister would be joining us. Anyway the offer disappeared from the shore excursions available but still appears under "my" shore excursions. OK stick with me I havent gotten to the problem yet.

Last week I tried to reserve another shore excursion in a different port and when I tried to pay for that one, I got a red message advising that the Hamburg excursion is no longer available. OK thats fine but since it doesnt come up at all in the list of excursions, I cannot delete it. I have tried everything and finally had my nephew who is bit more tech savvy then me call and ask for the tech support. He was told they dont have one. My niece said "let me try" and she called and was told the tech guy was gone for the day. I asked my TA to help me and I am being told that O's webmaster is working on it. Its been over a week since the webmaster is supposedly fixing this and it is still there, blocking me from reserving anything. Anybody have any experience with and have any advice? Anybody have a clue how long it would reasonably take a webmaster to fix something? :confused:

----------------

Helen

Get your TA to book the other excursion you want.

At least you will have it booked until they solve the problem

Is it still listed on the right side under your excursions? I wonder if you tried to click on edit & delete it there...just a thought

Lyn

Lyn it is STILL listed and edit gets me nowhere because there are no shore excursions listed under Kiel Canal anymore so there is no place to delete. Its really a screwed up issue with the website. Once the excursion "went away" so did any link to it that would allow me to delete it from my reservation and as long as it is there I cannot book anything else.

Guest relations did send me a pdf of the shore excurions brochure but I will want to link with my other family for some trips and so forth so it would just be sooo much easier if I can access it online. I am just a bit concerned after all this time that somebody has thrown up their hands and in fact it is not being "worked on". Hope this wont affect my ability to make restaurant reservations when the time comes?

---------------

Helen

The best bet then is just to get your TA or Oceania directly to book the tour & link it with your group

Unless things have changed very recently, the TA's and even O itself ultimately use the same system that Ms Understood is having the issue with. So they would run into the same problem.

Obviously, the "mystery excursion" was removed from the system in an improper way. It sounds to me as if it never should have been offered on your cruise in the first place -I've never heard of an excursion being offered on the day that the ship passes through the Kiel Canal.

When I run into a situation like this I try to call customer service at what I hope will be a slack time (something like 10:30AM or 2:30PM) and make up my mind that whoever I got on the telephone WILL help me. It may take a while, but they will help me.

I Remain pleasant and calm, but I'm firm.

My advice to you would be the same........Best of luck with it! :)

Archived