No charge restaurants on Emerald???

barberesr

I seem to have read that there may be other places to eat on the Emerald besides the Dining Room and buffet. Would you please give me heads up?

Also quite awhile ago I read that there there was a place that you could eat at on a certain day that was no charge.

Thanks much!!!!

There are many places to eat on the Emerald. There are 3 dining rooms, one for traditional and 2 for anytime. Menus, dress code all the same. There is the Cafe Caribe and Horizon Court (buffets), there is also the international cafe and vines. The free lunch you mentioned is most likely the pub lunch at the wheelhouse bar on sea days, great fish & chips, cottage pie, ploughmans lunch.

Outside decks have the pizzaria, ice cream, hamburgers, hotdogs and fries. There are 2 specialty restaurants w/surcharges; Italian and steak/lobster.

The two charge restaurants are the Crown Grill and Sabatini's.

Ditto, these are the charge restaurants. However if you want a cocktail, a beer or glass of wine (or the whole bottle) you will be charged for them.

Is there any difference between the Cafe Caribe and Horizon Court, or do they have the same choices??
Cafe Caribe is open for dinner and offers what I consider a higher quality food selection. It is a broad selection, and a step above normal HC buffet offerings. HC is open for breakfast and lunch.

For instance Horizon Court (HC) offers a make it yourself salad bar. Cafe Caribe offers pre-prepared salads like one would be served in the main dining rooms. They also offer many selections one might see in the main dining room, like Beef Wellington on formal night.

Cafe Caribe also raises the quality of service as well, with table settings, and very responsive wait staff.

The ships officers have all been observed to dine in Cafe Caribe.

On our last Emerald Princess sailing, we dined almost exclusively in Cafe Caribe, and were well satisfied.

--------------------------

Shifra - very nice summary !

Archived