south beach express water taxi

Islanderman

We're thinking about taking a day trip to see South Beach. Has anyone used the Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi's South Beach Express? Was it worth it since it looks like you only get about 4 hours in South Beach and spend 5 hours getting there and back?

Need to decide if it makes more sense to just rent a car or is there another alternative?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Rich

We're thinking about taking a day trip to see South Beach. Has anyone used the Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi's South Beach Express? Was it worth it since it looks like you only get about 4 hours in South Beach and spend 5 hours getting there and back?

Need to decide if it makes more sense to just rent a car or is there another alternative?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Rich

We do the trip all the time on my friends boat and let me tell you that it is spectacular!!

The scenery is to die for. All of the gorgeous homes, the wildlife (we've seen Manatees, thousands of dolfin, pelicans, seagulls, five foot iguanas, sharks, herons, sea turtles, etc), the beautiful water, the spectacular boats, and a zillion other things.

I highly recommend this trip by boat. You really get a feel for the size of the cruise ships as you motor on by.

Edited because I forgot to add that I think you almost definitely go around Government Cut and Fisher Island because I don't think you can get into South Beach by the Key Biscayne side but Captain BJ would know this for sure.

Get off the boat and go have lunch at Smith & Wollensky. Best view on the world of the cut.

Archived