Prices are going up!

Working 2 Cruise

They sent me an e-mail. Like someone said, at least they are warning you!!

Announcing this is a marketing genius. Because of this announcement, they will be able to raise prices March 22. Then, when staterooms don't sell at those higher prices, they will go back to price drops and pack n go specials...

However, it is about selling cabins now, at a higher rate...and this is allowing that to happen...

EVERYONE PANIC, D-Day is coming! BOOK NOW, cause now is the absolute best price you will find!...yeah right...:rolleyes::cool::p

We just went NCL Jewel because Carnival wanted almost $300.00 more for the two of us same itinerary just differant company. If they keep raising thier prices they will scare me away. I like carnival but I am not going to pay alot more for them.

We just went NCL Jewel because Carnival wanted almost $300.00 more for the two of us same itinerary just differant company. If they keep raising thier prices they will scare me away. I like carnival but I am not going to pay alot more for them.

NCL nickel and dimes a bit more than carnival...that is why they are cheaper.

Also, Carnival generally sails fuller than NCL...

Great message from Carnival. Since they have record reservations, they will punish customers by increasing prices. Wow, just the incentive I need to book somewhere else.

Header_CTA_CarnivalLogo_Blue.gifFIND A CRUISEHeader_TopRight_Blue.gifrate_increase_header2.gifIf you're thinking about cruising in June, July or August, now is the time to book and save. Due to record reservation activity, effective March 22nd, Carnival Cruise Lines will increase pricing on all summer 2010 sailings.

For more details, click here.

<A href="http://carnivalfunmail.com/a/hBLhUVIA6i8YVB75BatBsyWKRwe/alert3" target=_blank>ratie_increase_ship_165x165.jpg

NCL nickel and dimes a bit more than carnival...that is why they are cheaper.

Also, Carnival generally sails fuller than NCL...

Why? Because they have more restaurant choices that they charge for? They still have MDR, Buffets, and Blue Lagoon that are free choices. I didn't see any extra nickel and diming on NCL than I saw on Carnival and my cruises were relatively comparable to Carnival in price.

announcing this is a marketing genius. Because of this announcement, they will be able to raise prices march 22. Then, when staterooms don't sell at those higher prices, they will go back to price drops and pack n go specials...

However, it is about selling cabins now, at a higher rate...and this is allowing that to happen...

Everyone panic, d-day is coming! Book now, cause now is the absolute best price you will find!...yeah right...:rolleyes::cool::p

ditto!

Carnival sailing fuller is a plus?? How ?? We never felt the least bit crowded on the jewel except the night of the chocolate buffet! But Carnival doesn't have that. I am platinum on Carnival, but I am going by price because there is not that much differance between the two. The entertainment on NCL is far and away better.

Carnival sailing fuller is a plus?? How ?? We never felt the least bit crowded on the jewel except the night of the chocolate buffet! But Carnival doesn't have that. I am platinum on Carnival, but I am going by price because there is not that much differance between the two. The entertainment on NCL is far and away better.

I totally agree with everything you said. The 2 lines are so comparable that it just comes down to price and itinerary for me. And I think that NCL's entertainment is better too (But I liked Carnivals food better than NCL's) - But everything is subjective.

i think ncl has alot of things better than ccl and i also am platnium on ccl but have sailed with ncl recently and already have paid down on next ncl cruise. ccl was the only cruise i ever went on but customer service seemed to go down hill after about 14 cruises but as you see i will still sail with them if things fall right for me.

Hey, you can always come pack to Celebrity:D

well they haven't waited for the 22nd.....our cruise that we booked in June.....sails in April has already gone up 4 times since we booked. Not sure why....lots of cabins still avail. And very few spring breaks still will be during our cruise.

We all know prices are determined by supply and demand. An announcement of price hikes means nothing... except to people who believe this is significant.

In reality, it's a marketing ploy to get you to book "before the increase". Silly, silly!

Prices have gone up around this time of year for summer cruises every single year. The only difference is that Carnival is announcing that they will give people a break by not raising them earlier than they planned to anyway. That's the kind of break P.T. Barnum gave people when he had the sign that said "this way to the egress."

My guess is that they're not selling quite as many rooms as they'd like. It's not so bad they feel they have to run a big sale, but it's not quite what they want. If business was really booming, they'd just raise the prices and keep their mouths shut. And if business doesn't pick up in the next month, they can just announce that "by popular demand" they will give people just a couple more weeks to get those low winter rates before they go up.

It's all marketing.

I was looking at a summer sailing on Freedom for June, 2010. In the month I debated whether or not to book, the cruise went up $100 a person (and that was before the announced price increase). When I heard of the price increase, I booked immediately...it really is disappointing to know that a month ago I could have got the same cabin for $100 less a person (we have 4 traveling!).

There are 3 of us going in July for 5 days/Elation.

The price has gone up almost $600 since we booked.

About $75 of that just in the last 3 days.

I wonder what it will be by the end of March or April?

I sure am glad we booked when we did:D

its only for certain cruises also. I have seen our same cruise $150 cheaper 1-2 weeks later than ours. Doesn't make any sense to me. They need to establish a more uniform pricing structure if they want to keep business. They are going to get to be as expensive as RCCL and then they will lose business.

I just got off the phone with a Carnival rep who advised me that a fleetwide price increase will go into effect on March 22! If you are going to book, the time is now!:(

I just read this on Cruise Critic under News. :eek:

Archived