Port of Miami . . . restaurant??

ladywendolyn

We are disembarking from the Carnival Glory on March 14th, and have arranged to rent a car from Hertz with a 12:00 pick up time.

We may need to wait abit, from when we get off the boat, till the pick up time.

Is there a reastaraunt at the port of miami ?

(This is my first cruise, so I have never been to the port)

We are disembarking from the Carnival Glory on March 14th, and have arranged to rent a car from Hertz with a 12:00 pick up time.

We may need to wait abit, from when we get off the boat, till the pick up time.

Is there a reastaraunt at the port of miami ?

(This is my first cruise, so I have never been to the port)

Let me suggest that you reconsider your pickup time. There is nothing anywhere near where you will be picked up and you are going to be off the ship by 9:30 at the latest and probably closer to 8:30.

Why would we be off so soon? I had the impression that you had breakfast on the boat the last day. Is this incorrect?

Latest I think they allow you to stay is until 10am.. that is if you are lucky.. yes you can have breakfast.. they do have to get the ship ready for the next round...;)

There is absolutely NOTHING at the Port of Miami. It is an island with only one bridge leading over to it and there is nothing there but the ships and commercial shipping companies. You would have to walk a couple of miles (including the bridge over Biscayne Bay) before you would get to any kind of restaurant, etc.

I pretty much agree with all of the advise above. If I were you, I'd eat a leisurely breakfast aboard ship, then park myself on the Lido deck and sip coffee until the last call to leave the ship. That should put you off by 10 - 10:30 or so. Maybe you can get your pick-up time moved to 11?

"SKY"

Archived