On board gifts

Marigold183

Go the HAL site and see 'for booked guests'. You can choose from various offerings and arrange in advance for whatever you select to be in their cabin when they arrive.

Maybe they enjoy a cocktail or wine in their cabin. You could order wine /liquor of their preference.

Flowers are always lovely.

Dinner in Pinnacle gift card.

Perhaps a pre-paid photo of the family. You could have a photo done on formal night. What a lovely memory.

My DH buys flowers for the cabin... it's a really nice touch!

You can always bring a greeting card with you and either have the steward put it in their room, or put it in their mailbox. Of course, don't put something in it like a gift certificate if you're leaving it outside their door.

DH also brings a beautiful card for me... but that's another story:o

I'ts been my experience (twice, now) (as an inhabitant of a regular-sized, nonbalcony cabin) that flowers just get in the way. Flat surfaces are at a premium, so I no longer want flower arrangements in the cabin. Of course, if they have a larger cabin, the flowers might be really enjoyed.

If your parents enjoy wine, you could order the Sailaway wine to be waiting in their cabin. Or (this would be my preference) a prepaid dinner for the two of them in the Pinnancle Grill -- an evening for them to enjoy each other, y'know?

I ordered one dozen red roses for my husband for our 10th anniversary. When we arrived in the cabin, there they were. 12 of the most beautiful long stem roses I ever saw. Don't know who they use in Ft. Lauderdale as their florist, but they were awesome. AND they lived 8 of the 10 days we were on board. So nice. He still tells people how surprised he was. :D I would definitely use HAL gifts again. I already have a list of maybe's for our next cruise to surprise him with.

Archived