Early Saver $50pp fee question

Hockey Addict

Hi guys...

So we are going to change our booked cruise. I have mixed feelings about it but what can you do.... at least I will be on a cruise... Someday soon I will get my 7 day and my balcony! At least I hope.

I know that if you change your early saver booking there is a $50 pp charge. My question is... when we change we will have a OBC. Will that charge come out of that OBC money or will I have to pay it separatley... meaning, will I have to give my pvp a credit card number?

Thanks in advance!!

If you have enough money on your account to cover the amount of the new deposit, you should not have to pay. However, I do not think a cash deposit is the same as OBC, so I suppose you would have to make up the difference in cash if you do not have enough left for the deposit,

Hi guys...

So we are going to change our booked cruise. I have mixed feelings about it but what can you do.... at least I will be on a cruise... Someday soon I will get my 7 day and my balcony! At least I hope.

I know that if you change your early saver booking there is a $50 pp charge. My question is... when we change we will have a OBC. Will that charge come out of that OBC money or will I have to pay it separatley... meaning, will I have to give my pvp a credit card number?

Thanks in advance!!

:( You will have to pay it and not out of your OBC. I just had to change my next cruise date and put out $150.00, because, I booked without checking with the wife first.:eek:

Are you cancelling and rebooking on the same date?? Then your PVP can usually manage to use the rest of your deposit toward the new deposit, but technically you are supposed to put up a whole new deposit and the credit (is this the OBC you are talking about) goes toward the final payment.

What OBC, is it one you already have... I dont know what OBC. You do get a future credit from the rest of your deposit they are holding. If you wait to rebook, then for sure you have to put up a whole new deposit.

Its not clear to me exactly what you want to know or where this OBC came from.

OK, our cruise we booked for November is paid in full.

The cost of the cruise we want to switch to is a lot cheaper. We would end up having a obc when we switch.

We want to switch to a different ship in September or October.

Will we have to pay another deposit? Will the $50 fee for changing have to be paid with a credit card or will it come out of the money that will be a obc?

Does that make sense? Sorry, I should have been clearer. :o

edit to add.... I will change the day I call... not cancel

Your PVP should be able to cancel and rebook you all at once then. The difference if its still before final payment should even be allowed to be credited back to your credit card. There is no OBC (OBC is onboard credit) involved unless you want to apply it to that.

The only nonrefundable part is your deposit, which minus the $50 card holds as a credit (again not as OBC), and applies it to your new booking. She should be able to do it so no new deposit is needed and even refund the difference since you are before final payment. Hope Im making sense. I get the idea you are referring to the credit carnival is holding as OBC which it isnt.

I think we got it!

Basically, we paid over $1300 the day we booked it. The final payment wasn't and still isn't due yet if we just had paid the deposit only.

$1300 minus the cost of the cruise we will switch too is a credit of $800+. :D that is what I was referring to as the obc... the difference...

Thanks a bunch Fire!

Archived