Funny tan lines

Corvette Girl

We are going on another cruise April 4th and I just started indoor tanning. Does anyone know how to avoid those weird tan lines? You know those ones just under your butt that show when you bend over, armpits and elbows?

I would much rather use a self tanner, but I break out in an itchy rash from those. I can't even use Jergens tinted body cream.

Any tips or tricks?

I am really anti-tanning beds now, but when I used them, I turned on my stomach part of the time. Also it isn't really necessary to start tanning in February for a cruise in April, so you could at least limit your UV exposure.

We are going on another cruise April 4th and I just started indoor tanning. Does anyone know how to avoid those weird tan lines? You know those ones just under your butt that show when you bend over, armpits and elbows?

I would much rather use a self tanner, but I break out in an itchy rash from those. I can't even use Jergens tinted body cream.

Any tips or tricks?

Having worked in a tanning salon for 2 years, the under the butt lines are inevitable.

The only way they will start to go away, as well as the armpit ones, is if you do a stand up tanning bed. Does your salon have one of those? That way you can hold your arms up and bend over slightly while you tan :) Funny mental picture, I know!

You get those weird lines because your body "creases" there! On a lie-down bed, pull your butt up, so there are no creases! Move around in the bed, bend your legs, roll onto your side a bit....whatever to keep the folds and creases to a minimum.

This happens in the sun, too. If you lie on your tummy, your butt/thigh area will have a crease, unless you stick your butt into the air...not recommended!!!

You get those weird lines because your body "creases" there! On a lie-down bed, pull your butt up, so there are no creases! Move around in the bed, bend your legs, roll onto your side a bit....whatever to keep the folds and creases to a minimum.

This happens in the sun, too. If you lie on your tummy, your butt/thigh area will have a crease, unless you stick your butt into the air...not recommended!!!

That's just asking for trouble!

Having worked in a tanning salon for 2 years, the under the butt lines are inevitable.

The only way they will start to go away, as well as the armpit ones, is if you do a stand up tanning bed. Does your salon have one of those? That way you can hold your arms up and bend over slightly while you tan :) Funny mental picture, I know!

I am laughing right now because that is exactly what I do in the stand up bed! :)

The Butt lines you can't really do anything about but the arm pit ones you can!!!! I bend my arms out at the elbows and away from my body as far as I can with out them sticking out of the bed...Just imagine the way Barbie dolls arms are...(just don't bend your elbows too far or you'll get elbow lines!):eek:

Archived