A new name for cruise critic????

Terrence Richards

Hi Terry,

I see where you are coming from - there is nothing pejorative associated with the noun but when we get to the adjective or the verb, we approach thin ice...

Wheretonext? - ever catch someone catching a bit of green around the gills on a voyage?

Thank you rob682, hansol 1966, garigoun, Wheretonext???, and hcrane for your input and helping me with this question I have about changing the name of "Cruise Critic" to a name that may offer a more positive image.

I appreciate many of you who have offered your opinions with several entries, and to those who have made one contribution. We are a wonderful group of Cunarders with a bit of wit and humor but also with the ability to offer good advice and information when needed. That is why I feel the word "critic" does not fit in to what we do here on this board.

Now, I want to ask all of you a favor. If you are in other cruise line boards other than Cunard on this site, would you be kind enough to make an entry and make reference to this thread and ask members to participate with this discussion.

Many Cruise Critic members for example with Princess and Holland America may be interested in this topic as well with members with other cruise lines.

Our Cunard members are few in numbers compared to the larger cruise lines.

Thanks again for your help!

Terrence (Terry)

Now, I want to ask all of you a favor. If you are in other cruise line boards other than Cunard on this site, would you be kind enough to make an entry and make reference to this thread and ask members to participate with this discussion.

For what puprpose: to discuss a name change that will not happen? That seems rather useless.

For what puprpose: to discuss a name change that will not happen? That seems rather useless.

lol

I called it senseless a couple of days ago and someone differed thinking that it was interesting. :rolleyes: Since we are in to definitions here, perhaps the definition is called for:

• S: (adj) mindless, reasonless, senseless (not marked by the use of reason) "mindless violence"; "reasonless hostility"; "a senseless act"
  • S: (adj) insensible, senseless (unresponsive to stimulation) "he lay insensible where he had fallen"; "drugged and senseless"
  • S: (adj) otiose, pointless, purposeless, senseless, superfluous, wasted (serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being) "otiose lines in a play"; "advice is wasted words"; "a pointless remark"; "a life essentially purposeless"; "senseless violence"
  • S: (adj) nitwitted, senseless, soft-witted, witless ((of especially persons) lacking sense or understanding or judgment)

I believe that the third definition applies here.:)

lol

I called it senseless a couple of days ago and someone differed thinking that it was interesting. :rolleyes: Since we are in to definitions here, perhaps the definition is called for:

• S: (adj) mindless, reasonless, senseless (not marked by the use of reason) "mindless violence"; "reasonless hostility"; "a senseless act"
  • S: (adj) insensible, senseless (unresponsive to stimulation) "he lay insensible where he had fallen"; "drugged and senseless"
  • S: (adj) otiose, pointless, purposeless, senseless, superfluous, wasted (serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being) "otiose lines in a play"; "advice is wasted words"; "a pointless remark"; "a life essentially purposeless"; "senseless violence"
  • S: (adj) nitwitted, senseless, soft-witted, witless ((of especially persons) lacking sense or understanding or judgment)

I believe that the third definition applies here.:)

I hope Glenn doesn't see the fourth definition :eek:

J

Archived