M & M Tours in Skagway. Anyone use them?

badgambler

Hello-

I have been researching tour companies and came across M & M tours in Skagway. I contacted them regarding a special tour for our group. They were quick to reply and were very helpful. Has anyone used them? I like to get opinions and review before making a reservation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

M&M is a reservation service - they got the contract from the city of Skagway a few years ago, part of an attempt to eliminate aggressive street hawkers. Some tour operators won't deal with them because they charge huge commissions.

Hello-

I have been researching tour companies and came across M & M tours in Skagway. I contacted them regarding a special tour for our group. They were quick to reply and were very helpful. Has anyone used them? I like to get opinions and review before making a reservation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I've not used them yet but for Juneau I have a confirmed reservation with them. As you said, she's always quick to reply.

A couple people on CC board have used them in Juneau and highly recommended them, at least for that city. There's a link to M&M from the Juneau visitors site.

I haven't seen anyone talk about them in Skagway.

I've not used them yet but for Juneau I have a confirmed reservation with them. As you said, she's always quick to reply.

A couple people on CC board have used them in Juneau and highly recommended them, at least for that city. There's a link to M&M from the Juneau visitors site.

I haven't seen anyone talk about them in Skagway.

Are they your Juneau tour operator???

My understanding is that M&M in Juneau is completely different. It's a husband and wife operation (Mike & Mariann?) and they live down the street from me. They give local van tours that are highly recommended on this board.

M&M in Skagway is the reservation service that Yukon's talking about. I don't believe they are connected in any way.

Pretty sure that CruizerBill and CruizerDiana used this place as a walk-up last minute tour option upon arrival in Skagway. We were booked on the WPYRR already (train up/motorcoach back), and they took a private van tour along the road. They went further into Canada, I believe.

Bill spoke very highly of their experience. I'll email him, and ask him to check into this thread.

I recall this because he told me that M&M offered a "geocaching tour," and DH and I were caching that day (before our train trip).

Are they your Juneau tour operator???

I presumed so. I contacted them through the M&M link on the Juneau site.

The email replies from her all say M&M tours. Her confirmation notice to me says M&M tours. So there was no reason for me not to think that M&M tours are the tour operator. What would tell me if they aren't??

My understanding is that M&M in Juneau is completely different. It's a husband and wife operation (Mike & Mariann?) and they live down the street from me. They give local van tours that are highly recommended on this board.

M&M in Skagway is the reservation service that Yukon's talking about. I don't believe they are connected in any way.

Wow, that is really confusing to have two same names doing entirely different things in the two towns.

My emails for the M&M Juneau tour are all signed Marianne and from her remarks I got the impression it was a small business.So I think you're right. She sounds as if she is very easy to get along with. She's certainly easy to do business with.

Yes, when we were in Skagway back in July 2009 we stopped by the M&M Tours office. They are a clearinghouse of tours in Skagway and I recall they have OVER 70 DIFFERENT TOURS to chose from. We chose the bus tour that took us into the Yukon, where we went dogsledding (on wheels) and saw a lot of beautiful scenery. By all means, check them out. They are next to the cruise ships.

Have fun, we really like Alaska!!!

Bill :)

My emails for the M&M Juneau tour are all signed Marianne and from her remarks I got the impression it was a small business.So I think you're right. She sounds as if she is very easy to get along with. She's certainly easy to do business with.

I've seen nothing but positive reviews on this board. She's also recommended by Joan, who owns the Paradise Cafe here in Juneau. I'm thinking about seeing if she needs a part-time guide for the summer! :D

Their Dog Carting Tour 2 3/4 hour is actually 5 dollars less pp then the one I booked listed @109$(Skagway) might look into changing except I booked through the cruise company and receive Mariner Credit and easy pick up and drop off.The 114 was the same price as the original company I had looked to book with

thank you all. I actually found them through extensive researching for a tour we wanted that didn't quite exist as we wanted it. This was the train up, and an SUV (Ford Excursion) Narrated ride back for just the 6 of us. They would allow photo op stops along the way back to Skagway at all the main stops plus a little tour of town. It was $135 pp which is a great deal in comparison to other tours, especialy since it will be private on the return. I think we are going to go for it. I will post a reply when we get back.:o

• 1 year later...

Archived