E1 vs D1 Balcony on Navigator

foureyedbuzzard

Hi all,

We are just taking our second cruise. First time was ten years ago on Carnival Fantasy and we thought it a bit too Vegas-y and more a party boat than anything else. We had an inside stateroom and overall the experience was not too bad, but I could take or leave it. So for this vacation we booked a GTY Balcony on RCCL Navigator for March 13 five night sailing out of Miami. The stateroom assignment we got is 7568, an E1 balcony on the port side of deck 7 which looks to be forward of the ship's center, maybe at the 1/3 point looked at from length. The deck plan shows no inside staterooms across from us, so I'm wondering if this is open to the promenade below or if mechanical, service, housekeeping or something is across from us? Also wondering if it would have been worth the extra to upgrade to a "Superior" D-1 from our "Deluxe" E-1. D1 size is 206 sq feet/42sq ft balcony vs 184/46 for our E-1. Just two of us cruising, so I figured the extra few sq ft probably wasn't worth the extra $$. Just having a balcony of any kind has us psyched:) Thoughts and comments on this please. Thanks.

That area is NOT open to the promenade....it's storage, mechanicals, etc....

As for going up to a D, it would depend how much more it is! Your E cabin will be almost the same size as the cabin you had on Carnival....but with a balcony! I'm sure you'll be quite happy with it.

Archived