Larger Balcony cabins on Soltice Class

cruz4natic

Can anyone tell me if the Equinox has any balcony cabins with a larger, extended balcony? Does this ship have anything like the "sweet sixteen" cabins located forward on the M Class, or CC cabins like 6144/6143/6136/6136 located aft, that are located in Butlerville, but have the extended large balconies. We were in 6144 on the Infinity, and the balcony was awesome. We were wondering if the Soltice Class, specifically the Equinox has any balcony cabins like that. Thank you, all, in advance, for your great info. :D

Can anyone tell me if the Equinox has any balcony cabins with a larger, extended balcony? Does this ship have anything like the "sweet sixteen" cabins located forward on the M Class, or CC cabins like 6144/6143/6136/6136 located aft, that are located in Butlerville, but have the extended large balconies. We were in 6144 on the Infinity, and the balcony was awesome. We were wondering if the Soltice Class, specifically the Equinox has any balcony cabins like that. Thank you, all, in advance, for your great info. :D

The balcony cabins on the angle of the hump have larger balconies.

Both front and back of the hump?

Yes, apparently the first and third cabins off the flat part of the hump are the largest, and the second and fourth are second largest. Also, each cabin alternates with bed by balcony in one cabin, bed by bathroom in the next cabin.

I copied this from an earlier post; sorry I don't have the author of the thread. It pertains to hump cabins in Aqua Class. If you search "hump cabins" in this forum, you will find lots of additional information.

Of the 8 Aqua Class Staterooms on this angle, 1606 and 1601 are the largest -- Huge. We fit 6 people comfortable on our veranda and could have squeezed in 2 more with no problem at all. After that, 1599 and 1604 are the next 2 largest of the 8, just a couple of feet or so shorter. The rest of the staterooms on the angle (1610, 1608, 1605, and 1603) are smaller because there is a Attendant's closet on each side before you enter the rooms, so they are set in by about 4 feet or more which takes up that room from the balcony. My neighbor was quite surprised.

Our Stateroom attendant also took care of the nearby Suites -- need I say more about the Quality and Attention to Detail?

If you're looking for connecting rooms, I would recommend 1604 and 1606 as you could open up the glass to connect the two balconies and walk next door. There was a supporting beam between 1606 and 1608. You could open up the glass connecting the two balconies, but the glass was triangularly shaped on the beam so you would have to climb over the beam to get onto each other's balcony. Same for 1601 and 1603.

Edited by librarylady19

I copied this from an earlier post; sorry I don't have the author of the thread. It pertains to hump cabins in Aqua Class. If you search "hump cabins" in this forum, you will find lots of additional information.

Of the 8 Aqua Class Staterooms on this angle, 1606 and 1601 are the largest -- Huge. We fit 6 people comfortable on our veranda and could have squeezed in 2 more with no problem at all. After that, 1599 and 1604 are the next 2 largest of the 8, just a couple of feet or so shorter. The rest of the staterooms on the angle (1610, 1608, 1605, and 1603) are smaller because there is a Attendant's closet on each side before you enter the rooms, so they are set in by about 4 feet or more which takes up that room from the balcony. My neighbor was quite surprised.

Our Stateroom attendant also took care of the nearby Suites -- need I say more about the Quality and Attention to Detail?

If you're looking for connecting rooms, I would recommend 1604 and 1606 as you could open up the glass to connect the two balconies and walk next door. There was a supporting beam between 1606 and 1608. You could open up the glass connecting the two balconies, but the glass was triangularly shaped on the beam so you would have to climb over the beam to get onto each other's balcony. Same for 1601 and 1603.

I wrote that post -- Unfortunately I errored in reporting. The attendant's closet does not affect the stateroom or balcony size. Ergo, 1610 and 1606 balconies on the Starboard side are the same size, and 1601 and 1605 on the Port side are the same size. Only difference is bed by bath on Starboard, and bed by balcony on Port.

The attendant's closet is just a storage closet, and shouldn't cause any noise to those staterooms.

Edited by Wine-O

Hi

I copied this from another post as i found the information very helpful.

personally LOVED my C1 hump cabin #1243 - about triple the size of a standard balcony - it was HUGE!!!!! Literally the largest non-suite balcony on the ship! The balcony was great for hosting cocktail parties - we had 25+ people out there one day! Being on the aft part of the hump there was virtually no wind issue to deal with. We got sun when we wanted it, and shade if desired as well. Due to balcony depth there were no privacy issues related to the angled shape.

There are 58 +/- cabins with the same size balcony we had - they are:

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8199, 8162, 8255, 8259, 8281, 8285, 8228, 8232, 8254, 8258

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

Most of these are on the hump, but some are forward where the ship starts to indent. The rooms run the range from Category 2C, 1A, C1, or AQ (with the exception of 6209/6210 which are categorized as 07 Obstucted Balcony - great balcony at a small price!). There are also many cabins adjacent to the ones I listed that also have oversized balconies that are about double the size of normal ones, but I would go for the triple sized ones first

Hope this helps!

Most of these are on the hump, but some are forward where the ship starts to indent. The rooms run the range from Category 2C, 1A, C1, or AQ (with the exception of 6209/6210 which are categorized as 07 Obstucted Balcony - great balcony at a small price!). There are also many cabins adjacent to the ones I listed that also have oversized balconies that are about double the size of normal ones, but I would go for the triple sized ones first

YOu made me so happyyyyy. We booked 6210 with speculation that it might have bigger balcony. 4 more weeks and I will confirm it.

• 1 year later...

YOu made me so happyyyyy. We booked 6210 with speculation that it might have bigger balcony. 4 more weeks and I will confirm it.

How did you like 6210? noise, obstructed view... all good?

How did you like 6210? noise, obstructed view... all good?

We liked it a lot - near elevators, quiet, large balcony, partial obstruction to the left, looking down - didn't bother us. Price is right for the balcony room. I wished the bed was near the balcony and not the bathroom.

I booked the same room on Eclipse for next year.

• 4 years later...

Just back from the Equinox,we had cabin 6303 which has a large balcony approx. 80 sq.ft. .The so called obstructed view is the roof of the Murano restaurant which means you cannot look straight down,forward view perfectly good.My partner found this quite reassuring as she doesn't like heights

This is the last cabin on deck 6 and there are 8 cabins on each side of the ship with these large balconies counting from the back.Our cabin had the bed by the balcony the next cabin had the bed by the closet and so it goes on alternating like this.By checking the deck plan you can work out where the bed will be.

These are great value 2c cabins I would have one every time even though it is a bit of a hike to the elevators.