Help with cabin crawl PLEASE

Jods00

I need any advise or suggestions on planning a good cabin crawl. No on wants to take the lead on my cruise, and I have never done one, but I really want to have one.

So I figure I will take the lead and get one organized just need some tips / suggestions first.

PLEASE anyone who has organized one or been part of one please share.

Thanks!

Okay this is a copy and paste about the cabin crawl we are having on our cruise in October. I've never done one but this looks like a good explanationl

(Tony, hope you don't mind me stealing your post) :eek:

What is a Cabin Crawl?:

It will be $5 per person to enter the cabin crawl. No couples entries, everyone plays as a single player. Each person can only play one hand. Your entry will get you a wrist band. If you loose the wrist band, you will not get any cards. All the entry money will go into a pot (or hat, or can, or bag.lol)

We will have 7 people that will volunteer their cabin as a host. In an ideal world, we would have people on 7 different decks, starting at the bottom and ending in a suite up top somewhere.

Each of the first 5 cabins will be a draw cabin...meaning you will draw a card. The last 2 cabins will be discard cabins. You do not have to discard if you choose not to. We will choose before we start if Ace's will be high or low. After the 7th cabin, we all then head to the aft pool bar and show our hands. Best hand wins the pot. In the event of a tie, the pot is split in as many ways as winners.

Side notes. Anyone that hosts a cabin will have to supply a deck of cards. You will not get these cards back. When your cabin is up, you must be there in front to let everyone in. When you give out the cards in your cabin, as a host, you must write down the persons name and what card they got (this stops anyone from cheating). At the end, all these sheets will be collected by either myself or someone neutral to verify the winners hands.

For those that wish to supply a drink @ your cabin....please do so. We will.

Here are some common things people say:

- We don't play cards, this doesn't interest us/me. This really has nothing to do with cards. They are only a formality. It's about having fun and LOTS of it. This is not a good reason to not join in.

- We don't drink, we don't care to do this. You don't have to drink. it's totally up to you. You will have just as much fun if you don't. This is not a good reason to not join in.

- We don't feel comfortable having other people in our cabin. Not a problem. You don't have to host. We only need 7 host cabins, so there should be plenty of others that can host.

- I have a problem walking up/down stairs. No worries. Even though a good part of the fun is the train of people rushing to the next cabin, you can most certainly take the elevators and yes, we will wait for you.

Okay this is a copy and paste about the cabin crawl we are having on our cruise in October. I've never done one but this looks like a good explanationl

(Tony, hope you don't mind me stealing your post) :eek:

What is a Cabin Crawl?:

It will be $5 per person to enter the cabin crawl. No couples entries, everyone plays as a single player. Each person can only play one hand. Your entry will get you a wrist band. If you loose the wrist band, you will not get any cards. All the entry money will go into a pot (or hat, or can, or bag.lol)

We will have 7 people that will volunteer their cabin as a host. In an ideal world, we would have people on 7 different decks, starting at the bottom and ending in a suite up top somewhere.

Each of the first 5 cabins will be a draw cabin...meaning you will draw a card. The last 2 cabins will be discard cabins. You do not have to discard if you choose not to. We will choose before we start if Ace's will be high or low. After the 7th cabin, we all then head to the aft pool bar and show our hands. Best hand wins the pot. In the event of a tie, the pot is split in as many ways as winners.

Side notes. Anyone that hosts a cabin will have to supply a deck of cards. You will not get these cards back. When your cabin is up, you must be there in front to let everyone in. When you give out the cards in your cabin, as a host, you must write down the persons name and what card they got (this stops anyone from cheating). At the end, all these sheets will be collected by either myself or someone neutral to verify the winners hands.

For those that wish to supply a drink @ your cabin....please do so. We will.

Here are some common things people say:

- We don't play cards, this doesn't interest us/me. This really has nothing to do with cards. They are only a formality. It's about having fun and LOTS of it. This is not a good reason to not join in.

- We don't drink, we don't care to do this. You don't have to drink. it's totally up to you. You will have just as much fun if you don't. This is not a good reason to not join in.

- We don't feel comfortable having other people in our cabin. Not a problem. You don't have to host. We only need 7 host cabins, so there should be plenty of others that can host.

- I have a problem walking up/down stairs. No worries. Even though a good part of the fun is the train of people rushing to the next cabin, you can most certainly take the elevators and yes, we will wait for you.

I think this is considered a poker cabin crawl. Much too fancy...

If all you want to do is see what the different categories of cabins look like, ask for volunteers on your roll call to open up their cabins, and set a time and place to meet (onboard...). Make a lost of the cabins on the route, copy it and give each participant a copy. Start on the highest deck and work your way down. Some also offer refreshments in their cabins, but that is also a lot to ask. EM

We did this on our last cruise and had a blast. Dancing down the halls and singing. We were not as formal as that other post. Did play poker and had a few discards at the end. Just pick a place to all meet up, pay the fee and draw one card...then you draw 1 card from each cabin you go to. You can play 7 or 5 card. It was truly alot of fun.

We did a cabin crawl two weeks ago and it was fun. We had a list of about 7 cabins of different configurations/locations to look at. We met at the Atrium bar and went from there as a group. Most cabins supplied either drinks or snacks but didn't have to. Those that wanted to also bought drink coupons that were given to the winner of of the best and worst poker hands. I think everyone gave out cards but not all participated in the poker hand. It was great getting to see some of the different cabins especially on the Carnival Dream since some of these were new or different from other ships.

This is a little different variation of a "poker crawl". There are so many variations, you really can't go wrong. After all, it is just another way to add enjoyment to a cruise.

A poker crawl allows folks that participate a chance to visit their shipmates cabins, enjoy a small snack, stop for libations, visit with fellow cruisers and play poker. We will have 7 stops at which a card will be drawn at each stop. Hopefully those stops will all be cabins but we can improvise if necessary. Each participant will ante $5.00 dollars and the total collected will be paid back in prize money. There are many ways to do this but I'm thinking half for the best hand, half of the remainder for the second best hand and the rest for the worst hand. Although 7 cards are drawn, only the best 5 are counted. The scoresheets will have a place for the cards drawn to be recorded, a list of the rooms to be visited and the order and a blurb on the ranking of poker hands.

We need 7 cabins to host. It's fun, a way to make a little money and not lose a lot (normally a $5.00 pp buy-in), a chance to see different cabins and most of all another chance to socialize. All you need is a deck of cards, someone to write down the drawn cards on the scoresheets (I will provide them) and a little snack and/or remembrance from home. BTW, you don't need to know how to play poker to play...everyone helps each other.

A poker tour/poker crawl/room crawl is a variation on a pub crawl. Started out where a group visited each others cabins and partook of some liquid refreshments. Then it became amplified by adding a poker game into it. When it's refined and onboard a ship, the liquid refreshments are sometimes problematic as smuggling booze is prohibited. So...each host cabin, and there are usually 7 provide a deck of cards and some snacks (optional), sometimes decorate their rooms and sometimes bring a little regional gift (for instance, last cruise we brought polished rocks that we had found on the beach). It's a lot of fun and normally starts in a bar, ends in a bar and has a couple of bar stops built in.

GROUP "A" is comprised of the "Hosts". They go in a group to Cabin # 1.

The Host of Cabin # 1 stays put while the rest go to Cabin # 2.

The Host of Cabin #2 stays put while the rest go to Cabin # 3.

The Host of Cabin #3 stays put while the others go to Cabin #4...... etc. etc.

GROUPS "B", "C", "D" etc, (7-10 persons) start off in 15 minute intervals.

THE LAST GROUP TO START is the Chairperson (Ann) who goes to Cabin #1 and picks up the host.

They go to Cabin #2 and pick up that host...etc.

So the final group gets get bigger till they have completed all the cabins. That way hosts get to play, as well

attachment.php?attachmentid=139945&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1260033667

Take a look at my Westerdam review below.

We originally planned a "Wine Crawl" that would go from cabin to cabin tasting wine that we brought on board. The group just got too big and there were not enough cabins volunteered that were big enough. We tried to do it on deck, but long story short we got tossed off deck and ended up packed into a balcony cabin. We had a blast packed into the cabin drinking good wine. It was a lot of fun.

I have an aft-wrap on the Pride next January and I am hoping to host a big wine party! We will see....

We did a cabin crawl with our CC group, it was not a organized thing, we all met at a cabin on one end of the ship and worked our way around.

But our group had a few drinkers in it, so we did (voluntary only) shots if the guest in the cabin wanted to provide, gift exchange, and poker.

It was a blast and people were VERY creative with those shots.

We actually had a wide variety of cabins, just worked out that way, had a suit, 9a, balcony and inside.

Didn't have an aft or and owners suit which I don't want to see anyway cause then I'll be drooling.

LOL Cheers, Carole

Cabin Crawls are great....

Here are some videos from our Cabin Crawl on the Mariner of the Seas, 9/2009

h

We did a formal meet and greet and only the first 30 people to sign up for the meet and greet went on the crawl. We started the crawl right after the meet and greet.

I served strawberry daiquiris with rum in our cabin and order a bunch of room service (wings, cookies, fruit) so we has a spread. I even brought a blender on board, which was a hit ( I paid the cabin steward 20.00 on the first day to make sure we had 2 buckets of ice in the room all the time)

We had our cabin crawl on the first sea day, early afternoon. We managed to get 7 rooms of different types.

Had an inside, ocean view, spa room, spa balcony, aft balcony, suite and a 9a wrap. We ended up with the 9a, which was our room. There was about 20 of us. Some furnished snacks and a few wine. We were not a big drinking group, and it was early, so not many drank. Some of the snacks were just simple things that you can get on the ship. Munchies from the bar, fruit and veggies from the buffet and one even furnished chocolate covered strawberries. Some brought candy and other things on the ship with them to serve as snacks. We really didn't eat a lot, since most had just had lunch. We all met in the piano bar for awhile and then started on the upper floors and worked our way down. It was great seeing all the different class of rooms, and meeting all the people on our roll call. We kept running in to them the rest of the cruise and stopping to visit.

Ending up on our 9a balcony worked out great. Some stayed and stood out on the balcony and visited for a long time. I suggest trying to end up with a balcony room.

It is lots of fun. Hope to have one on our next cruise. We have a really active roll call, so there should be plenty of people interested.

claudia

We did the poker/pub crawl on our last cruise. Participants paid $10 each. A different volunteer opened a new deck of cards at each bar and kept track of the cards drawn. Ended up on the lido. You don't need to get a drink at every bar. Is really fun...the more the merrier and a bigger pot!

Archived