Good tour guides/places to see Mexican Riveria

skiptomylou

Hi - I need help! I'm considering doing either the San Sebastian tour out of PV ($80) or the Copala/Concordia tour out of Mazatlan ($50). Has anyone done both, who can give me some help? Both are long drives and have read some good things and some bad things about both. Thanks

We have done the tour to Copala/Concordia as shipexcursion about 3 years ago. It is a nice but long day. Stops were made at a place where bricks were made, later at a big pottery. Had some time and walked around in Concordia, had lunch and walked around in Copala. Copala is a small charming town.

We have been to San Sebastian a few times by private driver/by ourselves during our stay in P. Vallarta. The tour probably will stop at a tequila plant outside PV, also at one of the coffee-growers in San Sebastian, the church/zocala/prison, the small museum in SB etc.

Both are former small mining-towns and both drives give a nice impression of the mountainregions and small villages of Mexico. (expect some curvy roads from time to time.)

Up till a few years ago San Sebastian only had a unpaved bad road to get there, trips then were made by private plane. About 4 years ago a new road was opened and slowly tourisme is growing.

Personally I think San Sebastian just a little more charming and the drive to San Sebastian will be a little shorter then Copala.

As they both are in higher altitude it can be nice and cooler then the coastal area.

• 5 weeks later...
Is the Billygans Island more of a place for the young set? They all have the pretty teen/twenty something bodies.

Oh yeah it surely is... wife and I 50s and 60s found the teenagers and young adult's antics entertaining, but the drinking games and music got to be a bit much. Also, DJ was kinda well over the top. Great shrimp and fish tacos though and beer was cold and available. Service well it was geared more to the younger set not the old foggies who don't do shots or jello shooters and you had to trip a waiter or waitress to get service. Had a great time in spite of the other stuff.

• 2 months later...

We are thinking of booking a tour with Van Man Tours, Ricardo Parente, in Mazatlan. Has anyone done his city & beach tour? It goes to the Royal Villa's Resort. Has anyone had a massage there? Wondering how it is & how much it cost for a massage. Thanks for any info.:)

We are thinking of booking a tour with Van Man Tours, Ricardo Parente, in Mazatlan. Has anyone done his city & beach tour? It goes to the Royal Villa's Resort. Has anyone had a massage there? Wondering how it is & how much it cost for a massage. Thanks for any info.:)

Hi there,

Was Mazatlan Frank booked or did he not have the city and beach tour available the day you are going? He's really great. If not, he will recommend someone else for you and he is such a reputable guy and ethical that I can't imagine him not recommending a counterpart that would be really good.

We're on our way back to all three of these cities next for the fourth time. Every time we have gone we have used Johann&Sandra for our tours. They are not a tour company, but rather tour brokers, who will arrange any tours you want to do. They have web sites for each of the cities so you can take a look at what they can find for you.

We have not been disappointed with any of the shores excursions they have booked for us, and we have found that they are much less expensive than what we can buy on the ship.

They certainly worth taking a look at.

We tried Mazatlan Frank, but he only had room for the all day city tour & we wanted the city & beach tour.

Van Man tours offers this for a good deal, so wondered if anyone had used him & if they liked him.

Hi there,

Was Mazatlan Frank booked or did he not have the city and beach tour available the day you are going? He's really great. If not, he will recommend someone else for you and he is such a reputable guy and ethical that I can't imagine him not recommending a counterpart that would be really good.

We tried Mazatlan Frank, but he only had room for the all day city tour & we wanted the city & beach tour.

Van Man tours offers this for a good deal, so wondered if anyone had used him & if they liked him.

Ok, thought he might be able to recommend someone for you but hopefully someone will know info on Van Man tours.

We just got off the Mariner OTS on sunday 5/2/2010. This is what we did in port.

Mazatlan: We took the City Tour Trolley Tour. They are in the marketplace when you get off the ship. It was $25.00/pp and well worth it. The tour was 3 hours and we went to alot of places....the cliff divers, the Gold Zone, cathedrals, historic monuments. There is also a $5.00 coupon on their website. www.toursinmazatlan.com.mx.

I know this was posted quite awhile ago, but I'm taking a chance you'll see my question, or that someone else can answer it.

Do you need a reservation for that 3 hour trolley tour? Or do you just walk off the ship and hop on?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

I know this was posted quite awhile ago, but I'm taking a chance you'll see my question, or that someone else can answer it.

Do you need a reservation for that 3 hour trolley tour? Or do you just walk off the ship and hop on?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

When you get off the ship, you take a mandatory free tram across the freight yard to the terminal building. When you go inside the building, there will be a person there with a sign who will sell you the trolley tour. You don't need reservations.

When you get off the ship, you take a mandatory free tram across the freight yard to the terminal building. When you go inside the building, there will be a person there with a sign who will sell you the trolley tour. You don't need reservations.

Thank you. Very helpful.

Archived