Can we ask for the frig to be emptied in cabin?

hartskys

This is what I would do...

Have the frig unlocked...then move the stuff myself...then tell the steward that we will not ever be using the stuff and that you are telling him this because you do not want to be charged for it.

He will understand...and of course you will make sure the stuff remains in place...unless he agrees to move it....and then maybe you will reconfirm all of the above at least once more during the trip if you think it is needed.

As for tip...a little extra at the end as we always do.

No way am I tipping in advance.

BTW, when we boarded the Freedom in the Med in July 2008 the steward met us immediately..had us sign a form that the cabin was in great clean condition, we confirmed our dinner time with him for the turn down service...and I reminded him that we would not be using the products in the frig...in either of our connecting cabins...so keep one room unlocked and keep one locked. Unlocked one was for water bottles...ours..not theirs.

I have never been overcharged and have never had a problem getting my point across to the steward..waiter..purser...whomever....maybe it is because I reconfirm everything with them before any problem occurs. Just sayin':D

Why should my asking for the refridgerator to be emptied upset the cabin steward?

The cabin Steward must keep control of the items or he will be charged for them. Things do disapear sometimes. Its that fairy.

because many folks here feel very sorry for the poor steward who works so hard at a job he voluntarily signed on for and fall for the nonsense that he is so overworked..that he has children the exact same age as the pax..whom he hasn't seen in 10 years:D..never gets time off...and that Carnival makes him split his tips with every single worker on the ship:rolleyes:

As you can tell...no bleeding heart here..nor am I someone who expects to be waited on hand and foot...but yes, I would ask for the stuff to be removed and not feel bad for the steward.

Why should my asking for the refridgerator to be emptied upset the cabin steward? I do not see why this would be something out of the norm in his experience. I'm sure that lots of folks want the items removed from the refrigerator.

And yes - I do believe that I am entitled to that fridge... I paid for it as well as the beds, the shower, the toilet and the drawer space. I also paid for the couch and the chair and the elctricity that comes out of the outlets. And the TV and the storage space under the bed. I've paid for the whole shebang for the duration of our cruise!

We are always very good to our room stewards. When our cabin has a refrigerator in it, it is intended for our use.

Cheers,

Taters

ditto

Sorry if this is a dense question, but having never sailed with Carnival before, what's in the fridge??? Evidently whatever it is ain't free lol :D This might be something I wanna know b4 we cruise on the Liberty in December;) TIA!

Me too!!! Our first cruise and I need all the help I can get. All I need is my son grabbing a soda from the fridge and being billed $10 for it!

That does not phase me in the least,just like I know how to contact their supervisor.

Who would get the worse end of that stick?

Steve

You, of course!

You will NEVER know what they did. What would you report?

Why should my asking for the refridgerator to be emptied upset the cabin steward? I do not see why this would be something out of the norm in his experience. I'm sure that lots of folks want the items removed from the refrigerator.

Let's see. I just got on board, and I need some service, and he's emptying out peoples wet bars. :confused: WOW! And when he finally gets to Myrna's cabin, he's yelled at because he was no where to be seen.

What is everyone needing to put in that it needs to be emptied anyway?

That does not phase me in the least,just like I know how to contact their supervisor.

Who would get the worse end of that stick?

Steve

Never know where they put your toothbrush, or where they clean your drinking glasses. Spit, toilets, bottoms of shoes, dirty linen from other rooms, oh the list can go onnnnnnnnnn.

But Steve I bet your not near as big of a donkey to someones face as you are hidden behind a computer keyboard.

:rolleyes:

I used to always ask the steward to clear the fridge out, lots of times they go in that drawer under the couch where extra pillows are kept.

I now don't even bother with the fridge, it doesn't get cold enough anyway.

I bring a soft sided cooler and tip the steward a 20 at the beginning of the cruise to keep it iced. I then always have my beloved ice cold water that I drink throughout the day.

They do an outstanding job, and those stewards typically really work hard for you, because many of us not only leave the minimal tips on the S&S card, but also tip extra cash at the end for excellent service.

They know this and try to please everyone.

Cheers, Carole

Let's see, we use our fridge for the beer in the buckets that we've bought on board, and for our wine, champagne, soda and water that we bring on board with us. Sometimes I even grab an extra milk from the lido deck and put it in there. It's a tiny refridgerator and we see no reason to have to work around the Heineken and Amstel Lite that we wouldn't ever drink.

When Carnival first started putting refrigerators in the cabins, they were empty when you boarded the ship - they were there for your convenience. Nice touch!... Then someone in management had the idea to stock them to try to obtain additional revenue from the passengers. Hey -we aren't "cheapos" by any means. Our bar bill is always high... But we like that darned refrigerator for our own use. Period. Whew!~

This subject is about worn out.

Taters

We have reserved a balcony cabin on the Conquest. Do these cabins have refrigerators or just the suites? I haven't seen any mention of a wet bar in the balcony rooms.

You'll have a refridgerator in you balcony cabin on Conquest.

Enjoy your cruise!

Taters

My first stop when getting on the ship is to go to guest relations and request that everything is removed from the refrigerator, and all water bottles that may be out of the refrigerator as well. It has never been a problem, and has always been removed before dinner the first night.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

You, of course!

You will NEVER know what they did. What would you report?

Let's see. I just got on board, and I need some service, and he's emptying out peoples wet bars. :confused: WOW! And when he finally gets to Myrna's cabin, he's yelled at because he was no where to be seen.

How is your needing service any more important than someone else needing the stewards service to clean it out?

Thus if the advertised fridge,was empty,we would not have this problem then would we?

I bring juice and soda on so I want the fridge to keep it cool.

Steve

How is your needing service any more important than someone else needing the stewards service to clean it out?

I will want my room cleaned and made up A LOT QUICKER than your fridge being emptied.

Never know where they put your toothbrush, or where they clean your drinking glasses. Spit, toilets, bottoms of shoes, dirty linen from other rooms, oh the list can go onnnnnnnnnn.

But Steve I bet your not near as big of a donkey to someones face as you are hidden behind a computer keyboard.

:rolleyes:

As long as nothing goes wrong,no, but if something does not go right or I do get irriated,then I can be bad.I admit it.

Steve

If you just boarded,had to wait until 1.30 to go to your room,why does your room need cleaning?:confused:

Steve

The steward is usually meeting and greeting all the new pax, and getting the staterooms ready for the new pax. He needs to take my suit to the cleaners for pressing as well, in time for my arrival for formal night.

A couple of you have made posts that completely backup my thoughts about tipping and the service industry. You don't think tipping is about good service. No, you suggest we tip, and tip BIG or ELSE! What's the or else? According to a couple of you, that would be bad service, nasty things done to our toothbrush, stuff missing (stolen), or even worse things. I certainly know what kind of worker, or employee you are/were.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

A couple of you have made posts that completely backup my thoughts about tipping and the service industry. You don't think tipping is about good service. No, you suggest we tip, and tip BIG or ELSE! What's the or else? According to a couple of you, that would be bad service, nasty things done to our toothbrush, stuff missing (stolen), or even worse things. I certainly know what kind of worker, or employee you are/were.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Thats funny! Those couple that you refer to....look up their occupations in their profiles.:eek:

Steve:D

Well I am diabetic and would put my insulin in there but more then that I probably would like to put my drinks that I brought on board. If not then the Steward just has to fill my cooler with ice for the next 7 days. Either way I'm going to enjoy my cruise. I don't sweat the small stuff especially when it comes to something like this when I'm on vacation.

Archived