Can I make this flight time?

Our airline changed our flight time going home from our cruise out of FLL. Our flight was to leave at 12:20 pm and it has been moved up by one hour now 11:19am. Royal has told me the earliest flight time for departure should be 11:30 am. Our flight is 10 minutes earlier than that. Should I worry about it or do you think it will be okay. I booked directly with the airline not through the cruise line. There is one other flight but it is not nonstop and leaves at 11:52 am. Just wondered what others would do in this situation. This is our first cruise.

Our airline changed our flight time going home from our cruise out of FLL. Our flight was to leave at 12:20 pm and it has been moved up by one hour now 11:19am. Royal has told me the earliest flight time for departure should be 11:30 am. Our flight is 10 minutes earlier than that. Should I worry about it or do you think it will be okay. I booked directly with the airline not through the cruise line. There is one other flight but it is not nonstop and leaves at 11:52 am. Just wondered what others would do in this situation. This is our first cruise.

You say that the airport is in Fort Lauderdale, but which cruise port? Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

It is DEFINITELY not a problem if your ship is based in Fort Lauderdale. It's still VERY doable if you are using Miami.

At times that airport can be crowded and chaotic.

Be sure to ask for the early color luggage tags to get off the ship with the first groups. Make sure you tell them the time of your flight.

Most important, do not use the ships shuttle service to get to the airport, (they wait for the bus to fill up before leaving) get your own cab.

You will be fine if you do all that. ;)

Archived