Chair hogs

Janespup

I have only been on one cruise and i think that I was so busy walking around taking pictures I didn't care, but this go around I think I wanna sit and relax by the pools, so what exactly do i say if I find one that just has a towel on it, and they come back hours later, I mean what is the policy(Fantasy) I like to argue so I want my facts straight!!LOL

Just hand them a copy of the Capers...I mean, Fun Times...and point out the "No reserving of deck chairs" section that states pool attendents will reassign chairs to waiting guests.

I have only been on one cruise and i think that I was so busy walking around taking pictures I didn't care, but this go around I think I wanna sit and relax by the pools, so what exactly do i say if I find one that just has a towel on it, and they come back hours later, I mean what is the policy(Fantasy) I like to argue so I want my facts straight!!LOL

Just hit them in the head with a sneaker........

I would wait to see if anyone returns to their chair. Since the chairs are removable I would take one from one end of the row and move it to another end leaving all their stuff on the deck or maybe under the chair next to it. I could then watch the bickering.

I know it's evil but I like it!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

If it was a sea day, they would not be charged because you can't leave them off the boat. On port days, however, that is when they check them closely.

Just curious, because I can see this being abused....

What's to stop me from telling the room steward that I left my towel on deck and someone took it and have them give me another all the while hiding the first towel in my luggage as a souvenir? Would I not be charged for the towel if it was a sea day?

Just curious, because I can see this being abused....

What's to stop me from telling the room steward that I left my towel on deck and someone took it and have them give me another all the while hiding the first towel in my luggage as a souvenir? Would I not be charged for the towel if it was a sea day?

I don't think it's that big a deal...although I am an avowed fan of rumrunners I think stealing a beach towel is crossing the line. If you want a crappy Carnival towel pay the $22 bucks for one. That's still $2 less than a bucket of beers plus tip! Whenever I see someone on the beach with a towel from a resort I automatically assume they are a thief anyways!

I saw a row of four Carnival towels holding chairs for over 2 hours on the Fascination. Coincedentally there are 4 Carnival towels in my linen closet right now.

The worst part is, we sat there for almost 2 more hours and no one ever came looking for their towels or saved seats, so I have no remorse.

So here I go with my holier then thou attitude....You have a problem with chair hogs,but no problem with being a THEIF.That really amazes me.

And then you brag about it.It's a wonder the world is the way it is with so many selfish,self-centered,me first people.

Simply amazing.

Well there's a new fad that taken off like a fire .

I noticed cruisers are taking the chair hogs towels and things and piling them all up in one large pile on lido. Fun to watch as they search for their things. Meanwhile your sitting in their chair having a chuckle .

Only because throwing it OB would be against "da rules".:eek::D

Yep, wait just long enough to make sure the culprit hasn't gone to the bathroom, then take their chair.

Bingo. Also look for some sunglasses or suntan lotion. To me that means they are coming back soon. Just a towel? 10 min, MAX.

with going out at 9 am and putting a towel on a chair and then returning within 15 minutes. I have been hosed before and it is bad when you pay and cant get chair. And, dont even give me this "early bird gets the worm" crap. You should not have to sit in a chair at 9 am in order to keep it.

If you reserve a chair, go to your room and get ready quickly. you should be able to come back and have a chair. And another thing..It is worse when you are single. What happens if you gotta go to the bathroom, or wanna get food. The dude next to you isnt going to save it for you. You come back and your stuff is gone and there is a fat guy laughing at you.

Everyone should just move every unoccupied and unattended towel, flip-flops and bag to a central spot so that it leaves the unused chairs open for those who will use them. Then sit back and watch the fun. Of course be available to step in and call security if someone threatens grandma.:D

Archived