Chair hogs

Janespup

I have a question regarding the picture posted above-

the person used the carnival towels- will that person be charged 22 bucks for each towel that the attendent took?

Finders keepers, losers pay 22 dollar BTW they tend to fade quickly at home I suspect they re dye them often.

what I think we should all do is take one (1) and one only towel home that we find saving chairs and either the chair hogs will change their tune or Carnival will start enforcing the rule. Love the towels and very easily can use them at home. I think it would get boths getting their **** together fast.

what I think we should all do is take one (1) and one only towel home that we find saving chairs and either the chair hogs will change their tune or Carnival will start enforcing the rule. Love the towels and very easily can use them at home. I think it would get boths getting their **** together fast.

Or maybe instead of taking the towels home, we can use them to clean up all the tomato juice in the buffet line and on the stairs. :D

Just off the Freedom and chair hogs were in full force. Didn't see any sort of enforcement. The theater was bad, too. For one of the main shows, four seats in the row ahead of me was saved by lady's shawl for over an hour (we were in the theater for bingo/activities beforehand). Seats filled up quickly & a lot of people couldn't find places to sit on the main floor, but still nobody dared to move the shawl. There wasn't anyone in those seats until the chair hogs showed up a few minutes before showtime. I was encouraging people to take the seats and made a few loud comments when they came back. I wish I would have taken a picture because it was pretty funny.

Sorry Step .

Must have been that particular month . Don't do bingo ,so I can't elaborate there . What color was the shawl ? It may have been my wife's;)

So how many towel do you have now,

I think this would be a good way to get one of the nice Carnaval towel to take home.

I saw a row of four Carnival towels holding chairs for over 2 hours on the Fascination. Coincedentally there are 4 Carnival towels in my linen closet right now.

The worst part is, we sat there for almost 2 more hours and no one ever came looking for their towels or saved seats, so I have no remorse.

Sort of like this..................

chair_hogs.jpg

This was on the Fantasy last January. After about an hour, the attendant removed all of the towels. One person "reserved" all of these seats. She ran out of towels and resorted to draping one over two to save the last four in the row. I was there for several hours and never did see her come back!

Un-freaking real, this makes me nuts!!!

I am thinking that I just discovered a way to pay for my next cruise. I could either get up early and hog a bunch of chairs and then sell them to the late risers for $5 a chair or I could just go around and ask people: "How many you need?" and then find them the amount of chairs they need, remove all the chair-hoggers crap and collect $5 a chair. I would just have to put on a name tag and carry a clip board.

I would wait to see if anyone returns to their chair. Since the chairs are removable I would take one from one end of the row and move it to another end leaving all their stuff on the deck or maybe under the chair next to it. I could then watch the bickering.

Can anyone guess who the people are on this thread who approve of people hogging chairs? I've noticed at least one.

As I've said before, I try to snag a chair in the less desirable areas, then walk two or three decks to the pool, swim for a little while, then make my way back to the less desirable areas.

If your behind isn't in the chair, then it isn't your chair. We've all paid to be on the cruise, and if you need to eat, then eat and come back and get in line for the the next chair to open up.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

i am thinking that i just discovered a way to pay for my next cruise. I could either get up early and hog a bunch of chairs and then sell them to the late risers for $5 a chair or i could just go around and ask people: "how many you need?" and then find them the amount of chairs they need, remove all the chair-hoggers crap and collect $5 a chair. I would just have to put on a name tag and carry a clip board.

lmao !

I have a question regarding the picture posted above-

the person used the carnival towels- will that person be charged 22 bucks for each towel that the attendent took?

If it was a sea day, they would not be charged because you can't leave them off the boat. On port days, however, that is when they check them closely.

Also just off the Glory 2/21 sailing and every single morning, without fail we would go up to the Serenity Deck around 6am and find all of the Clamshell beds filled with sleeping people. Comforters, pillows and all.

On our last sea day, we were on the Serenity Deck and monitored a vacant Clamshell bed for 1.5 hours ( I was snapping time and date stamped pics) and when we showed them to the staff on deck, he refused to do anything about it. My feeling is that if they remove anything, the absent people would report all kinds of "missing items".

The Serenity Deck is a great feature, but they may have to treat it like the special place it is.

I have to say that this is my biggest peeve about cruises. Last November on the Freedom, there were NO chairs to be found due to hoggers. Sea days are the worst. Usually I'll just go up to the top deck away from the pools--it's quieter there anyway. But in November the winds were too high so the upper decks were closed...leaving me and my kids with nowhere to sit. And this was at 8:30 in the morning!

I like the idea of free souvenirs courtesy of the chair hoggers!

When my DW and I want chairs on sea days and we see them with nothing but a towel and no owners or travel mates next to them -- we simply take over the chair. If someone sitting next to them says that they are being used and the person will be right back, we respect that unless, like in this post it is someone who has "reserved" a block. Saving a chair while someone steps away is fine, reserving chairs for someone who is not even on deck is not. If a chair has towels, sunscreen, books, etc at them, we will usually leave those alone thinking the guest is taking a swim, getting a drink, and will really be "right back" If another cruiser comes and has an issue with it, we will politely remind them of the policy and have them talk with staff (who will generally not help them). If we are eating on the Lido deck at lunch, one of us will usually go and get lunch for both of us. If we are using the MDR (which I do not think we ever do at lunch) then we surrender our seats for others.

I have only been on one cruise and i think that I was so busy walking around taking pictures I didn't care, but this go around I think I wanna sit and relax by the pools, so what exactly do i say if I find one that just has a towel on it, and they come back hours later, I mean what is the policy(Fantasy) I like to argue so I want my facts straight!!LOL

Archived