Chair hogs

Janespup

if you arent READY to sit in said chair.. reserving one should be a non issue.. now IN the case of bathroom breaks or getting food or drinks, either ONE person in a group goes one at a time , or if you are a single, perhaps asking the person next to you or politely asking them if they could make sure your chair isnt taken that you will be back in 15 min shouldnt be too hard,, if you are going to vacate it longer than that then you really arent USING the chair and clearly have other things to do away from that part of the ship,, it doesnt take longer than 15 min to go grab a drink and a plate of food, or use the bathroom ( well in most cases LOL) and it should be no problem to let someone who is ready to use it sit down

perhaps they should install parking meters on the chairs. If it doesn't sense a person on it for a certain length of time it expires and a small flag goes up or down. I'm sure the cruise lines would only charge a "nominal fee" for such an innovation :rolleyes:

lol!!!!!!

G'ma would NEVER move a towel.

That's why you see the pictures of 75% of unoccupied "reserved" chairs.

My GF avoids confrontation at all costs.

I, on the other hand, enjoy the 'art of the confrontation'.

Remove the 'offending' article and when the offender returns and takes offense, tell them to take it up with Ship Security. The issue is not between you and the offender, the issue is between the offender and ship policy. Tell em g-luck and g-day wid ya's, cause dis conversation is over!

:D

We will be taking our first cruise in November, just the hubby and I :D. I understand not "reserving" chairs, but what do people typically do with their stuff if the want to go for a swim together or hop in the hot tub? Is it okay to leave you stuff in the chairs while you do this?

Just curious, because I can see this being abused....

What's to stop me from telling the room steward that I left my towel on deck and someone took it and have them give me another all the while hiding the first towel in my luggage as a souvenir? Would I not be charged for the towel if it was a sea day?

Yep, thats $22 a towel. Sea day or port day.

That is why an aft wrap suite is well worth the money!

You nailed it! I'm in 8428 on Triumph on the 29th. Quick run up to lido for lunch and drinks and back down to my ginormous balcony.:cool:

We will be taking our first cruise in November, just the hubby and I :D. I understand not "reserving" chairs, but what do people typically do with their stuff if the want to go for a swim together or hop in the hot tub? Is it okay to leave you stuff in the chairs while you do this?

In my opinion that is not chair hogging. You were actually using the chair, you remained in close vicinity to the chair, and you are temporarily not using it because you are engaging in ordinary deck activities. You are available to address questions from others about the chair and you are not leaving fellow guests to figure out why stuff is on an unoccupied chair.

Fine..You probably won't be in the hot tub over 30 mins......:rolleyes:

I would wait to see if anyone returns to their chair. Since the chairs are removable I would take one from one end of the row and move it to another end leaving all their stuff on the deck or maybe under the chair next to it. I could then watch the bickering.

perfect! this is what i will be doing :D. or, if its just a towel and its been a while, ill move it.

FYI.......they really don't charge for lost towels.....just a scare tactic;)

Yes they do! I was on the Liberty in January and my friend accidentally left her towel on Lido deck one night..there was a $22 charge on her bill.

I like the idea of a parking meter but instead you are supplied tokens in your cabin. If you have to leave plug a token in - say good for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes, enough time to go for a quick bite or back to cabin for some reason. That way if chair hogs want to save chairs then they have to keep going back to plug meter every 30 minutes or so. Ya - they can still save but it will be inconvenient for them. Oh ya and they are allotted 4 tokens per day per person. If you have to go to the bathroom briefly someone can just save your chair for a few minutes.

I would wait to see if anyone returns to their chair. Since the chairs are removable I would take one from one end of the row and move it to another end leaving all their stuff on the deck or maybe under the chair next to it. I could then watch the bickering.

i've done that :) I found a chair once, but it was broken in the middle. Switched it out for a hogger who was gone for hours. Finally came back and plopped her hogging butt down on her towel and went right thru, I think my smuggled vodka and lemonade came out my nose...

i've done that :) i found a chair once, but it was broken in the middle. Switched it out for a hogger who was gone for hours. Finally came back and plopped her hogging butt down on her towel and went right thru, i think my smuggled vodka and lemonade came out my nose...

lol!!

Maybe a stupid question, but we are first time cruisers. How early should you get out and get chairs? Mind you, we will be sitting in them when not swimming. We are early risers.

Anytime.......there will plenty of chairs.......the hogging comes in place when everyone wants to sit in the same chair:rolleyes: There will be stacks of chairs all over.......some people will get up early to get chairs right in front of the pool......this happens everywhere.....at resorts, hotels, Vegas......everywhere.......not just on a ship.......

If this is a deal breaker for some........they need to stay home..........

:) I've got a picture of a couple that did :D

You can't see their faces well so I'll post it .DSCN9126.jpg?

That's just nuts! Pay all that money for a nice cabin and sleep on the pool chairs! No hanky panky gonna-be-happening-there.

i've done that :) I found a chair once, but it was broken in the middle. Switched it out for a hogger who was gone for hours. Finally came back and plopped her hogging butt down on her towel and went right thru, I think my smuggled vodka and lemonade came out my nose...

too funny!!!

Archived