Adrenaline Junkies

#1PATSFAN

I'm travelling with my DH & DD they are both huge adrenaline junkies Western Carib., they really like to do exciting excursions ie: Xrails in cozumel, waverunners tour in Gr. Cayman, Scuba in Roatan I can't for the life of me find anything too exciting to do in Belize, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ;)

I'm travelling with my DH & DD they are both huge adrenaline junkies Western Carib., they really like to do exciting excursions ie: Xrails in cozumel, waverunners tour in Gr. Cayman, Scuba in Roatan I can't for the life of me find anything too exciting to do in Belize, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ;)

Coral breeze offers the Captain your own river boat. Some folks on here enjoyed it. Depends on the weather.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/current_category.15/Product.152/tours_add.html?t_product=152

RCCL has a Raiders of the Lost Mayan tour and a Lost World Zip and Rapelling tour.

Strongly considering this one, read some old reviews deep on this board, anyone done it resently? The Carnival description includes ziplining and repelling through caves....

Strongly considering this one, read some old reviews deep on this board, anyone done it resently? The Carnival description includes ziplining and repelling through caves....

We just did the zipline/canopy tour excursion last week and we loved it!! We booked it through Carnival, because I didn't feel confident about finding our own transportation and being on our own in Belize.

The excursion itself was really, really fun. We felt very safe the entire time. The bus ride there was a little rough - because it was on an old school bus on some very bumpy roads. But, our guide talked almost the entire way there all about Belize, the culture, the people, agriculture, wildlife. He did a great job.

I was trying to attach a few pictures for you, but I might have to do a new post. We'll see if I can get this to work!

126-2.jpg

We booked this excursion through Carnival. I am really glad we did this. The extra money you pay to book the excursion through the ship is almost like an insurance - if you are back after the ship is scheduled to leave, they wait for you. Since this particular excursion is about an hour and a half away from the port, it's nice to know. And when you see the transportation you have, it's understandable that the bus could break down! haha!

It was a pretty rough bus ride. It was an old school bus (it did have A/C). We were, unfortunately, near the back of the line so we were stuck at the back of the bus where you get maximum bump! I literally came up off my seat a few times. Part of the trip is on a gravel/dirt road. Our guide was really great, though. He spoke almost the entire way there about the country of Belize, it's history, culture, agriculture, wildlife, economy, etc. It was very interesting. As we drove through the city, he pointed things out to us. When we got to the gravel road portion of the trip, he said "Now please sit back, relax, and enjoy your complementary massage!"

For those with kids - there were a few kids on this excursion. They were about 12 years old, I guess. The seemed like they were loving it as well! I think it just depends on the kid. You are really high up there doing those zips over the canopy!

When we arrived at the jungle tour area, we got off the bus and walked into a cave, through it, and to an opening in the jungle - it was breathtaking. There were vines hanging down and the cave looked so cool! They then fitted all of us for our equipment. They put it on you - they have several workers helping out. They are very nice and make you feel secure (I was a little nervous about the whole thing - it was my husband's idea!) Then we walked up the hill/mountain for a bit and stopped for a safety briefing. After that, we went up further to our first zip. They are very safe. You are always clipped on when you are on the platform/zip area. The only time you are not clipped is when hiking from one zip to the next. The workers just kept telling me "Relax - you don't need to worry about the equipment! That's what we are doing. You are here to have FUN!!"

I highly recommend this excursion. It was such a fun adventure and a beautiful view of the jungle. Here are a few pictures! :)

If you want to bring your own camera up to the course, make sure you have a pack to put it in. You need both of your hands free to do the zips. I brought my camera to the entry and left it on the bus for when we did the course. They take your pic at a few different zips. We bought the CD of pictures for $25.00. It included both mine and my husband's pictures.

Here we are, zipping across the canopy!

zipline2.jpg[/img]

zipline3.jpg[/img]

This is us at the end. Don't mind our sweat! haha!! It was hot in that jungle and you do a lot of climbing to get from zip to zip. I loved it - all part of the adventure. We did use bug spray, but there weren't any bugs!! I wouldn't go in without bug spray, though. Also, don't wear short shorts...those harnesses really hug you tight!;) I was glad we wore longer, lightweight pants.

zipline.jpg[/img]

More to follow....only lets me do a few pics at at time!

The entry into the cave area leading to the jungle

118-3.jpg[/img]

The cave. This is where you begin, by getting your gear on. This is also the last rapel (Sp?). They aren't really a rappel, but more like a controlled free fall. The guides have total control. It's so fun!

122-2.jpg[/img]

This is the open area where you get geared up - the view is amazing!

125-3.jpg[/img]

126-2.jpg[/img]

Any questions - feel free to ask!!:D I wish so much I was in the planning stages of a cruise!! I cannot wait to take another one!!

Archived