playa mia bch break VS Nacho Cocum

jks336

question regarding these two beach breaks. i've heard good reviews on Nacho Cocum. the only difference i can find right now is that with the carnival excursion they include the transportation which NC does not. also don't know if the carnival bch break has the same amenities as NC as in rentals, and the massage! lol. can anyone shed some light on this subject for us? thanks :)

We liked the food better at Nachi and there were less people. The playa mia beach break was open to many more passengers than Nachi limits theirs to. The cab fare for four of us to Nachi was $12 each way, and the nice thing was we could come and go whenever we pleased. Much more relaxing in our book. Patty

Is it worth it to do if you don't get into Cozumel until 1pm and it closes at 5pm? Although, if it's 1pm ship time, that would be 12pm Cozumel time, right?

We're taking 3 kiddos, so I'm trying to anticipate how much time we'll actually have there after we get all us off the ship and cab it to Nachi Cocum.

I haven't done Playa Mia but I would agree with Nachi. That was what we did last time in Cozumel and though the weather wasn't the greatest, we would do it again. The fact that they limit people is what decided it for us. The day we were there, 5 ships were in port. I think our cab was $15 though. It was just me and mom.

Is it worth it to do if you don't get into Cozumel until 1pm and it closes at 5pm? Although, if it's 1pm ship time, that would be 12pm Cozumel time, right?

We're taking 3 kiddos, so I'm trying to anticipate how much time we'll actually have there after we get all us off the ship and cab it to Nachi Cocum.

Personally, I would say no and for the reasons you mentioned...by the time you get off the ship and a cab, you'll already have lost some time. Of course, it also depends on how much time you think you might spend there. I think were were there for about 5 hours.

Well, since you mentioned kiddos I'd have to change my recommendation from Nachi to Playa Mia because Nachi is more laid back (geared toward adults) and playa has a lot of water activities (those big blow up things) that the kids seem to love. There is a private charter out of Nachi to do some snorkeling, parasailing, etc. but all of that costs extra. Playa Mia seemed to be full of teen and little one's (Disney used them at the same time we were there) while Nachi (been there 4 times) has been mainly older teens and adults. Just a thought.

Going OT but Dave! No cruises scheduled? What's up with that? Everything ok?

I havent found any decent deals. Everything has been about double what we have normally paid. Also it is fixing to be my jetski repair season, so no more cruises until at least Sept.

Dave

question regarding these two beach breaks. i've heard good reviews on Nacho Cocum. the only difference i can find right now is that with the carnival excursion they include the transportation which NC does not. also don't know if the carnival bch break has the same amenities as NC as in rentals, and the massage! lol. can anyone shed some light on this subject for us? thanks :)

We just came back from our Cruise, have only done NC, and it was wonderful.

Only 67reserved on our day, and they limit at 100.

I didn't think we had but 20 people around, not sure where the other 47 were or maybe it just seemed that way.

The food was great, the other guests were great, the service was great, the pool was great,

and if you are only in port a few hours, either one is going to close at 5 No?

It did cost $15 cab fare for 2 of us to get there (10 miles)

so make sure you have 4!

It was $32 back if you have 5-8 people. We had 7. I know it makes no sense

And don't just show up at the gate, with no cash...

They only take cash, and you really should have a reservation.

We pulled up to the gate, and found a Family trying to get in with only a credit card and enough cash to get back in the cab.

Lucky, between my sister and I we had enough cash to get them in...

Needless to say we became buddies right away, and their Cabin was just across the hall from ours.

Anyway, that is how we know it costs an extra $2 if you have more than the 4 in your group :rolleyes:

If we would have said 3 for one group and 4 in the other it would have been $30, go figure :confused:

We did Playa Mia and had a good time. The kids loved it. The blow up gyms in the water were a big hit. The open bar is nice, but the food buffet was blah. The restrooms were, well, what can I say...

There is a nice pool and some shops. My daughters got a hair wrap thing. I would go back, but would not get it with lunch (just beach break with bar, if you can). You can always eat a late breakfast before you go and you can go back to the ship anytime(the shuttles go every 15 or 30 minutes, I think) and eat a late lunch.

Would Paradise Beach be just as good for the kids? Free entrance and just pay $12 for the wristbands for the older two (who'll be 8 and nearly 7) the water toys? I don't think I can justify paying $40 just for my 1 year old to go to Playa Mia.

thank you all for your responses. my thought on the # of ppl allowed was a big factor when i read on the booking site for NC. we're wanting to do the seatrek then was thinking heading over to NC afterwards for a few hours. Thanks again :)

It's adjacent to Chankanaab and actually IN the Chankanaab Marine Reserve (I think it's called something like that!). It's $39 for lunch, 45-minute snorkel tour and unlimited use of gear, and open bar. They are awesome people and we had a fantastic time. They limit their numbers as well, they say, but I'm not sure to what....? Just do google search for Playa Uvas and you will find their website.

We're leaving Monday for our first cruise with our boys (18, 16 and 11) and will be going to Paradise Beach (with 7 ships in port!!! :eek::(). I'm a little nervous about the crowds, but I think the boys would enjoy that more than a quiet beach with no toys. But, I so want to return to Playa Uvas myself and we seriously considered it. When we dock, there will only be 3 ships in port....others come anywhere from an hour later to 5 hours later. We plan to be the first ones there when they open and will stay as long as we can tolerate it. (My hubby really doesn't enjoy crowds.) They do have snorkeling excursions that leave from Paradise Beach....if all else fails and it's crowded, we can do one of those after lunch or just go back to the pier area and shop or something..... Hope all goes well!

No, definitely not worth your $, but the people at Nachi would love to have you spend only 4 hours there instead of the whole day.

With kids, you're better choice would be Paradise beach club or Mr. Sanchos.

Archived