Best way to pack formal dress

two4me

Hello all,

I am going on my first cruise and was wondering from all those cruise experts how to pack a dress without to much wrinkles. I heard put in plastic and roll or just fold in plastic? It is knee length cocktail dress with some squins etc.... ,Help!

Hello all,

I am going on my first cruise and was wondering from all those cruise experts how to pack a dress without to much wrinkles. I heard put in plastic and roll or just fold in plastic? It is knee length cocktail dress with some squins etc.... ,Help!

I pack my dresses and tops in a dry cleaner bag. All you have to do is fold it in halk and make that the last item you put in your suitcase and it will be wrinkle free.

Things with sequins won't wrinkle anyway, so don't worry too much....the weight of the sequins usually help (as does beading and such)

I put in a dry-cleaning bag and fold in half at the waist....placed on top of everything else....last in the suitcase, and 1st out!

It really depends on the fabric of the dress. For most, if you put adry cleaner's bag on the hanger first, then the dress, and another bag over it, that will help in most cases. If we are talking about chiffon, that is a fabric that wrinkles very easily, but hanging it in a steamy bathroom while taking a shower will help. I've gone to jersey knit cocktail dresses and I could just wad them up and throw them in the suitcase if I wanted to but I usually fold it once.

• 3 months later...

Archived