Uniworld River Beatrice May 29, 2010

ele0803

Yes, we too are booked on this cruise and getting very excited about it, now that it is less than 3 months away. We are traveling with another couple and all 4 of us are doing the Prague pre-cruise extension.

We have been on 13 ocean cruises, but this is also our first river cruise. We are looking forward to the differences, beginning with the smaller size of ship and numbers of passengers. Normally we are part of an active Cruise Critic thread for many months beforehand, so it has been different with only the 140+ passengers as a base. There are probably not nearly as many CC posters for each specific week's journey.

I had been thinking about starting a River Beatrice thread for the Enchanting Danube in general and seeing if we all wanted to share in one thread. What do you think? That way we can benefit from those going early and also help those going later on in the summer.

We are particularly anticipating Vienna and the wine/castle country, the differences in a river cruise versus the open ocean, and the docking in town areas for most of the evenings. We have arranged for some tours in Prague, including one outside of the city.

We are Atlanta-based, traveling through Amsterdam to Prague and returning from Budapest thru Amsterdam as well.

Gail

We're on the Enchanting Danube for July 25. We've been on many ocean cruises, but this is our first river cruise. We'd be interested in hearing what you've booked for Prague tours since we're also doing Prague pre-cruise. We've always participated in roll calls for our ocean cruises, and have put together many private excursions that way!

We have booked a day tour to Cesky Krumlov for one of the days in Prague. We are also using the same company (it will actually be the same person) for a half-day, 3 hour tour of the Jewish Quarter on another day. One of our group has a personal interest in that area in particular, so we wanted additional information and guidance.

We have arranged with Sarka, the owner of Personal Prague Guide, to have Jana, one of her employees, as our guide both times. We chose this company because of information/recommendations from Rick Steves' books and Trip Advisor. We have relied on them before, as well as on CC, to get local guide info for many trips in the past. The info is at http://www.prague-guide.info.

Hope this is useful.

Hi Gail

Good to hear from you. We have also been on many ocean cruises, and wanted to try a different mode of travel.

We are doing the pre cruise in Prague, and the post cruise in Budapest. Who knows when we will be back in that part of the world, and from what I have heard and read, both cities are beautiful. Do you have room for 2 more for your excursion to the Jewish Ghetto? It's one of the places we plan on seeing, and we will probably get alot more out of it with a guide. We also are going to try and go to Terezin. I'm thinking maybe on Saturday, but not sure if everything is open.

Good idea to start another thread.. then we can all share any info we have.

We are from the Chicago area, and it is finally warming up alittle. Spring is just around the corner, and before we know it we will be on this great trip.

Speak to you soon.

Ellen

Ellen,

I talked with our travel companions and we would be happy to have you join us in the afternoon of May 28 on the tour of the Jewish Quarter. The Uniworld city tour is in the morning. I have emailed the tour guide to let her know. The price should be 800 CZK for all 6 of us (about 29 E) together, so we will just split that up.

Please email me at cjohnson@mindspring.com and we can stay in touch about this without boring the others. We too are originally from Chicago, but have been in ATL for 25 years.

Gail

Archived