Verandah balcony rooms in back of ship..under Lido deck

Scootch

We have always been mid-ship, and would like to try a balcony room further in the back of ship. (not aft view)

We are planning on sailing on Carnival Liberty in July and my concerns are that if we are under the Lido deck i.e. bar, pool, grill area, we will have to tolerate chairs sliding on floor, have cigarette butts come over the side or even hear noise from the Lido deck.

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms and if so please provide feedback.

Thank you in advance. :)

We have always been mid-ship, and would like to try a balcony room further in the back of ship. (not aft view)

We are planning on sailing on Carnival Liberty in July and my concerns are that if we are under the Lido deck i.e. bar, pool, grill area, we will have to tolerate chairs sliding on floor, have cigarette butts come over the side or even hear noise from the Lido deck.

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms and if so please provide feedback.

Thank you in advance. :)

We stayed in connecting balcony rooms on the Verandah deck on the Liberty a couple years ago... I think they were 8420 & 8422... something like that. They were under the Lido pizza area. We never heard much noise or got hit by any butts :eek: or anything... loved the location, just steps up to all things Lido.

We were in 8418 on the Valor, my girls were in 8434 almost to the back of the ship. We were under the aft Lido. Never heard noise. Our room was on the no smoking side of Lido so don't know about cigarette butts. I will tell you though it was a long walk from the glass elevators if you need to take them.

I have our third Veranda aft balcony booked for the Freedom next month.

You my hear tales of terror about soot, cigarette butts, chair scraping, vibration, and onlookers from above. I have never found this.

The only problem I encountered was, once, when they were washing the glass above, and it slopped down on the balcony.

Another drawback for some is the fact there isn't much shade back there.

Now, the view is fantastic, it's only one floor below the Lido deck, and the deeper balcony is a plus!

There must be a reason I keep going back to this location, eh?;)

You'll love it!

We were in 8418 on the Valor, my girls were in 8434 almost to the back of the ship. We were under the aft Lido. Never heard noise. Our room was on the no smoking side of Lido so don't know about cigarette butts. I will tell you though it was a long walk from the glass elevators if you need to take them.

Ahhhh....non smoking side!!

We stayed in connecting balcony rooms on the Verandah deck on the Liberty a couple years ago... I think they were 8420 & 8422... something like that. They were under the Lido pizza area. We never heard much noise or got hit by any butts :eek: or anything... loved the location, just steps up to all things Lido.

Connecting balcony rooms is what we will be doing also....hoping to get the rooms in the same area that you stayed.

Glad to hear the the noise level wasn't an issue.

We are taking our son's GF on her first cruise. We are hoping that she falls in love w/ cruising. I would love to go RCCL because of the larger ships, but CCL prices are so much more affordable. She's excited about sushi!!!:D

Connecting balcony rooms is what we will be doing also....hoping to get the rooms in the same area that you stayed.

Glad to hear the the noise level wasn't an issue.

We are taking our son's GF on her first cruise. We are hoping that she falls in love w/ cruising. I would love to go RCCL because of the larger ships, but CCL prices are so much more affordable. She's excited about sushi!!!:D

Oooooo... sounds fun! I love connecting balcony rooms... it's like a big suite with TWO bathrooms! And of course, you can ask to have your balcony divider opened if you want, to make a bigger balcony. We had rooms on the Port side, too... which is usually the non-smoking Lido side as another poster mentioned. The Liberty is a beautiful ship, and there's plenty to do, or not to do. Enjoy!!

We had an aft balcony on the Triumph that was one deck below the lido, and we never had any problems with noise either. I will say that we would stay out quite late ourselves. I thought the location was great; like others mentioned, so close to the lido and activities.

Is there a sushi bar on the Liberty? I hope so but read in a differet post it wasn't does anyone know for sure.:o

Yes, I verified there is a sushi bar. :) The presentation is beautiful and it is very fresh!!

Maybe we had some hungry folks on our Splendor cruise...it was the first Swine Flu cruise so there really wasn't much else to do but eat ;)...but we were under the pizzeria and the chairs were going well into the night. I had earplugs so it wasn't an issue but it was enough of an annoyance to us that we selected our room for our Victory sailing once the deposit was paid.

But, like many issues, there are some who have experienced and some who haven't. I've been told I have really good hearing so maybe that had something to do with it?

You guys rock....I think we are going for it.

Now say a prayer that we get our $ back from the travel insurance soon. We had to cancel our 3/20 cruise because my husband was deployed to Haiti. The insurance told our TA that they will reimburse for disaster relief, but they won't reimburse if he was going into war. :confused:

Archived