Something Good about the Destiny

got2gocruzn

Just go and have a WONDERFUL time! We were on the Destiny in December and just truly LOVED that ship. It was maticulously clean and well kept, had the BEST crew we have had in a lonnnggg time. The food was fabulous. Be assured that they have fixed her problems, they cancelled several sailings and dry-docked her.....I am sure you will have a wonderful wedding and all the first time cruisers in your group will be "hooked". It is a great ship!

Congrats!

I am a Carnival Platinum club member, needless to say that I have been on over 2 dozen cruises, mostly Carnival. Like any cruise line, there will be problems that need to be corrected. Keep in mind that all of the cruise lines operate 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Unlike a hotel, they can only find problems when they happen (like any vehicle). I don't see any issues with the wedding onboard. I would have a back up plan once onboard. i.e. if you need to change venues, decor, etc. Other than that, I believe you are covered. I would meet with the Chief Purser and the Planner to let them know that you have 80 people with you and you are the contact person if there are surprises. I would nicely tell anyone staying onboard for the cruise to call the purser for questions or issues not the wedding party (they will have enough to stress about). Good luck.

Congrats!

I am a Carnival Platinum club member, needless to say that I have been on over 2 dozen cruises, mostly Carnival. Like any cruise line, there will be problems that need to be corrected. Keep in mind that all of the cruise lines operate 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Unlike a hotel, they can only find problems when they happen (like any vehicle). I don't see any issues with the wedding onboard. I would have a back up plan once onboard. i.e. if you need to change venues, decor, etc. Other than that, I believe you are covered. I would meet with the Chief Purser and the Planner to let them know that you have 80 people with you and you are the contact person if there are surprises. I would nicely tell anyone staying onboard for the cruise to call the purser for questions or issues not the wedding party (they will have enough to stress about). Good luck.

Thanks

I think I'll add your "if you have trouble with anything on the ship please contact the Purser" to the Welcome aboard Bag

Archived