Shopping At Cruz Bay Ferry Terminal

SEA SOUNDS

There are two different shopping areas within a 15 minute walk of the dock. It is not a terminal, just a dock. Both areas have a variety of shops and restaurants. We like Mongoose Junction best. There are shops for every budget. Enjoy

As alcpa1 posted, Mongoose is probably the best place for St. John shopping. There are a few shops to the right of the ferry terminal if you have your back to the water and if you proceed directly inland past the park/plaza area King Street runs parallel behind and has a few small shops for a block or two if you turn left. Here's a small map to give you some perspective

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/Maps/cruzbaymap.html

We didn't have time to do shopping in St Thomas, as we were busy on 2 different excursions. However, I'll type what our ship's shopping guide told us at the shopping talk. (It stuck in my mind because I thought it was funny.)

"Shopping at the dock in St Thomas / St John is like going to Paris and doing your shopping at the airport." :D I'm sure it's fine for postcards, shotglasses and such. If you have the time (we didn't), I would recommend going to the main shopping district in St Thomas.

Dear DFGF,

We were in STT in December for a land trip. It is our 20+ time to visit the USVI. I hate to argue with the ships' quote, but it isn't true for the most part. There are several very very nice shops at Mongoose Junction. There are local artisans and fine jewelers and delightful places to have a drink or eat. My DH is a very dedicated shopper and it is one of his favorite places.

Archived