Miracle Southern Caribbean Feb 24 Review

We are going to have a Meet and Greet on our upcoming Miracle cruise. Where did they have it at?

We actually had two of them. The first was the first full day at sea and the second was our last full day at sea. Both were held at 3PM in Sam's Piano Bar.

Scott and Kathy

Finally got all our photos uploaded from the cruise. Just click on the link at the bottom of post to view. Nancy, great review going! Agree with the grits comment. We ordered oatmeal and found it rather runny and not overly warm. When we ordered them, they brought two eggs benedict, but one was sufficient.

Scott & Kathy

First thanks Scott for adding the Capers.....as I said earlier we had a great meet and greet group :D

We had the late seating which was not full so our nights in the theater were not very full either ...we never had a hard time getting a good seat.

Many nights there was bingo right before the second seating..we never played but it was very popular and it was fun to watch others play...

P2240005.JPG

The first night was the usual introduction show where we first met Josh ( aka big sexy) our CD...he was very funny and friendly . We saw him all over the ship.

The first big show was "the Generations show" It was well done and we enjoyed it. One thing I found was the the lead female singer did not project very well even with a head set . But this in no way took anything away from the show.

There was a comedian on 2 different nights the first night he did a family friendly show the next night was an adult version..it was very funny but very crude...not for the faint of heart..

I was tired on a few nights and missed the shows,but I did hear from DH and others in our group that they were very entertaining. I also missed the Legends show, just too tired ....

The one show I did make sure to not miss was "A Ticket to Ride" It was a tribute to the Beatles and not to be missed.

ry%3D400

Our CC Friends ....

Other than the shows there was plenty of other entertainment...we enjoyed going to Frank and Johnnies to list to live music, there was also

karaoke

....and I must say that I along with DH and my CC friend Gracia took our turn ...belting out our version of The Mama's and the Papa's California Dreamin....

there was also fun to be had at the disco...

The final night was a show I would not have missed, passengers auditioned for a spot in the show during karaoke..and than appeared as musical personalities....our CC friend Sarah did a wonderful Gloria Estafan

ry%3D400

but the highlight of that night had to be Josh as Dolly Parton.

ry%3D400

we found plenty to do everynight and were up until about 1AM..after that I am not sure...

.....next up....Ports of Call.....

Hello,

Contemplating this cruise for next February, anxious to read the rest of your review. How did you feel about the demographic of your fellow passengers? I have read on several reviews there were many seniors on this ship, and not too much "action" at night. We are 50 and 47 years old, not party people but enjoy carnival since it is more fun and energetic.

We were both 49 at the start of the cruise. We found no problem filling our days with things to do. While they may have been many "seniors" aboard, we never noticed any determent to the cruise because of them. In fact they added to the experience.

Day two capers is located at:

http://imageevent.com/styxscottii/capersday2

Scott and Kathy

We were both 49 at the start of the cruise. We found no problem filling our days with things to do. While they may have been many "seniors" aboard, we never noticed any determent to the cruise because of them. In fact they added to the experience.

Day two capers is located at:

http://imageevent.com/styxscottii/capersday2

Scott and Kathy

Thank You Scott ;)

Our first port of call was St Marteen...we arrived in the early morning hours and it was cloudy and cool..but we had high hopes that as the day wore on it would clear up and be sunny and hot...

ry%3D400

St Marteen at sunrise ...

We had a private tour planned with Bernard and were meeting him on the dock at 9AM so we had an early breakfast and set off to meet our CC friends at 8:30AM we had made plans to take this excursion together and had negotiated a good price ( $45/pp for 6+ hrs) and set our own schedule.

Much to our surprise the Victory was docked beside us, we had all researched and thought we would be the only ship in port..

ry%3D400

Carnival Miracle and Victory side by side in St Marteen...

Our group quickly found each other and made our way to the meeting spot..Bernard was easy to find, as we were a little early we spend a few minutes getting some items at a small shop.

By 9AM we were settled into our air-conditioned van and on our way..

Bernard was our guide and he provided us with not only a wealth of information about both the Dutch and French side of the Island, as well as a cooler full of water, rum punch, beer and soda...

It did not take us long to arrive on the French side...

ry%3D400

During our drive we passed some horses...

ry%3D400

as well as some oceanside resorts

ry%3D480

We were enroute to Orient Beach and were still hoping that the sun would come out, but with Bernard, the cooler full of liquid refreshments and our new CC friends we were having a great time anyway...

..next up Orient Beach and Maho Beach.....

...as we continued to Orient Beach we made a stop to see a local who had shells and sea urchins ...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

the right with spikes..the left cleaned off...

The spikes were not sharp but did move while I was holding it

ry%3D400

As you can see the weather was still cloudy...it was a little cool but we were almost at Orient Beach and knew things would be heating up soon...

ry%3D400

Once we arrived we were advised by Bernard that to the left was the nude beach and to the right was the more "family friendly" side...

Only Mike and I ventured down the path to the nude beach...

ry%3D400

No cameras were allowed on this side ...so the rest is up to your imaginatons....

as we walked deep into the nudist beach we found that most people young/old/male /female were in varying states of dress...

as we continued to look for a spot to sit we saw a set of chairs which were not occupied. We began to lay our towels down and suddenly a very nice but very naked women appeared to explain to us that those chairs were occupied by guests of the club , but she very nicely showed us to 2 chairs that were available ..of course these chairs were right in the middle of multiple groups who were enjoying the clothing optional feature..

DH and I thanked her ...and settled into the chairs...it was still cool and now getting a little chilly so going into the water did not seem an option..

now being a nurse I have seen my fair share of naked bodies... and I am not a prude but I have only one thing to say....bathing suits cover a multitude of sins...

after a short while it started to rain lightly so we packed up and headed back to the van....

...off to Maha Beach......

We actually had two of them. The first was the first full day at sea and the second was our last full day at sea. Both were held at 3PM in Sam's Piano Bar.

Scott and Kathy

Thanks

...ry%3D400

the right with spikes..the left cleaned off...

The spikes were not sharp but did move while I was holding it

\

awesome review! We will be on the Miracle June 8th. Last year hubby stepped on a sea urchin and boy was he in pain..your a brave woman!!

Thanks Ed. Thought people would like to see what we had to choose from each day. Nancy's doing a great job reviewing the cruise and these just add to peoples insight to our trip. Thought I took some pictures of you and Nancy during the drinking contest, but if I did they didn't turn out.

Scott and Kathy

We really enjoyed St Maarten and our guide Joyce Prince. She took us anywhere we wanted to go and was very informative about the island.

P2270063.JPG

Anyone visiting St Martin would not go wrong by getting Joyce to be your guide for the day. She makes her own rum punch for the tour as well as other snacks and drinks she provides.

Scott and Kathy

Archived