Emerald Princess connecting cabins?

CRUISINGCPA

Hoping someone can help me out here. We are looking at the Emerald Princess & were wondering if any of the balcony cabins are adjoining/connecting where there is a door between the rooms that you can open. We are travelling with 2 teens & really like this type of room on Royal Caribbean - we get 2 bathrooms, everyone gets a real bed, & we can keep an eye on the kids. I saw the Family Suites but I am guessing that, like Royal, there is a minimum number of passengers in these.

Any help from you experienced Princess cruisers would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

if you look at the deck plans you can see which rooms are connecting, there is a door drawing of those that have a interior connectiong door.

we have b703 and B705 which are connecting.

Those cabins don't connect on the Emerald, which is what the OP is sailing on. What ship are you talking about? I know the Coral/Island have some connecting cabins but they're on Aloha Deck.

Thanks for the info. Wineforhealth - are the balcony doors sliders? If so, do you keep them unlocked for easy passage back & forth to the cabins? Also, how easy is it to open the balcony divider? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but we are new to Princess. Any other location tips?

Thanks for the info. Wineforhealth - are the balcony doors sliders? If so, do you keep them unlocked for easy passage back & forth to the cabins? Also, how easy is it to open the balcony divider? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but we are new to Princess. Any other location tips?
Just ask your cabin steward to open the door in the divider. It'll be open for the entire cruise. The whole divider doesn't open, just a door in the divider (see below.) The balcony doors are sliding and when you turn the handle down, it locks the door in place. Easy to open, easy to keep open.

balconydoor2.jpg.68b801bf1ced3fd9a1b7688ee9ca2041.jpg

Edited by Pam in CA

Hoping someone can help me out here. We are looking at the Emerald Princess & were wondering if any of the balcony cabins are adjoining/connecting where there is a door between the rooms that you can open. We are travelling with 2 teens & really like this type of room on Royal Caribbean - we get 2 bathrooms, everyone gets a real bed, & we can keep an eye on the kids. I saw the Family Suites but I am guessing that, like Royal, there is a minimum number of passengers in these.

Any help from you experienced Princess cruisers would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

The ships that have adjoining cabins albeit very few are:

Sapphire

Diamond

Island

Coral

and I think the smaller ships may have some too.

In Pams photo is an Emerald deck mini suite AD cat.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 5 years later...