Eastern shore excursions?

I'm going on the Eastern Oasis in June for my honeymoon! I was wondering if anybody can give me some ideas for shore excursions for St. Thomas and Bahamas? In St. Maarten we're doing the Rino Rally with snorkling, but we can't figure out what we'd like to do for the other 2 ports. In Bahamas, I really wanted to do the Atlantis thing with the slides and pools. However, since we're only at the port from 1pm-7pm, I not sure if this would work? I can't seem to find their hours so I'm not sure when the slides close? And possibly by 1pm, the waterpark would be very busy and the lines too long for the slides?

The other idea I had for one of the 2 ports was to find a nice all inclusive (bar drinks included) resort or beach area to hang out at.. but I havent found anything yet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

I would check out the Jost Van Dyke day trip from St. Thomas. I havent done it, was going to this spring break but decided my kids were too little. My H and I thought it would be great to do on our own. Make sure you check out the other historical posts, apparently you need to swim to shore from the boat but if I was on my honeymoon would be up for it.

We have gone to Atlantis as guests and I can tell you mid afternoon is always packed, and when the "cruise ships get in" it is a mad house. My kids loved it when we went, but we always left at that point because it was so crowded. I think there is an all inclusive resort on the Bahamas you can do that is adults only, might be a better idea.

Feb. this year we visited St. Thomas while cruising on the Oasis, we booked the Yacht Nightwind and it was by far one of the best excursions we have ever taken in St.Thomas (been 6 times). We took a taxi from the ship over to Sapphire Beach Marina where they are docked. We were served breakfast pastries, fruit, and juice when we boarded. Sailed over to St. John awesome! While other sail boats cheat it and use their motor, the Nightwind's captain actually sails it over there. The captain checks out the different bays along St. John till he finds the one with the best water conditions. After the first snorkel stop the crew prepared a delicious lunch and we all sat around the large table on the deck to eat. After lunch we sailed over to Pelican Island for another snorkel. This was a great secluded snorkeling spot. We saw large schools of tarpons and amazing tropical fish. After this we sailed back to St. Thomas. The captain and his first mate were very nice and served us drinks and snacks all day. You can check them out here

St. Thomas: Nightwind Yacht 7-hour day sail to St. John (http://www.stjohndaysail.com) :):)

The Rhino Rider was lots of fun.. loved it. In St. Martin...You can snorkel on this excursion and sit on the beach.. Very quiet beach.. Secluded..

This year we are trying the zip lining excursion at Lotrie Farms..

Megans Bay is beautiful.. crystal clear water. But No fish for snorkeling..In St Thomas...This year we are trying Sapphire beach for snorkeling....

Have never done anything I could recomend for Nassau...

Feb. this year we visited St. Thomas while cruising on the Oasis, we booked the Yacht Nightwind and it was by far one of the best excursions we have ever taken in St.Thomas (been 6 times). We took a taxi from the ship over to Sapphire Beach Marina where they are docked. We were served breakfast pastries, fruit, and juice when we boarded. Sailed over to St. John awesome! While other sail boats cheat it and use their motor, the Nightwind's captain actually sails it over there. The captain checks out the different bays along St. John till he finds the one with the best water conditions. After the first snorkel stop the crew prepared a delicious lunch and we all sat around the large table on the deck to eat. After lunch we sailed over to Pelican Island for another snorkel. This was a great secluded snorkeling spot. We saw large schools of tarpons and amazing tropical fish. After this we sailed back to St. Thomas. The captain and his first mate were very nice and served us drinks and snacks all day. You can check them out here

St. Thomas: Nightwind Yacht 7-hour day sail to St. John (http://www.stjohndaysail.com) :):)

Was this a RC excursion or did you do this on your own?

Was this a RC excursion or did you do this on your own?

We did this on our own, in fact we have gone twice. Last year we met some great people that invited us to go along. Reason they are not an RC excursion, RC charges them a fee to be on their list. This time we learned that the ship was on US time and the excursion was on St.Thomas time. The trip ends at 4 but ship time is 3 so you have plenty of time to get back to the ship. :)

The Rhino Rider was lots of fun.. loved it. In St. Martin...You can snorkel on this excursion and sit on the beach.. Very quiet beach.. Secluded..

This year we are trying the zip lining excursion at Lotrie Farms..

Megans Bay is beautiful.. crystal clear water. But No fish for snorkeling..In St Thomas...This year we are trying Sapphire beach for snorkeling....

Have never done anything I could recomend for Nassau...

You will really enjoy the zip line excursion (well, the DH hated it, but I thought it was a blast).

1654941664_EdnaonZipLinesinSt.Maarten-000001.jpg.7b7616950aedc4a0a913d48a132fb46e.jpg

We did this on our own, in fact we have gone twice. Last year we met some great people that invited us to go along. Reason they are not an RC excursion, RC charges them a fee to be on their list. This time we learned that the ship was on US time and the excursion was on St.Thomas time. The trip ends at 4 but ship time is 3 so you have plenty of time to get back to the ship. :)
Thanks for the info, do you have any idea how much it cost per person?

Thanks for the info, do you have any idea how much it cost per person?

Check out their web site. Was $120 ea. with credit card and $110. cash. Not sure rate fro a group. You can email them and get a quick response. We will be going again next year for sure.

:)

Archived