Selling the "intimate" Carnival experience

fpebbles

The big ship is controversial. Competitor Carnival Corp. is pushing a fleet of relatively smaller ships -- its largest max out at about 4,000 -- which it says offer a better experience for passengers and ease reaching ports. "I kind of look at her [the Oasis] like the Mall of America. It will also attract millions of people, but it's not what we do," says Micky Arison, Carnival chairman and chief executive. "It's kind of like a train wreck you want to go see."

The above is Carnival's response to Oasis. Just thought it was funny and you all might enjoy.

My life has returned to work insane since returning from my SeaDream heavenly cruise. I check the boards occasionally to follow on my friends. Hi everybody! Sounds like a great meet in NC.

Talk about "putting lipstick on a pig". That's a funny quote. Not to say never to Carnival, have had good fun (but a bar tab more expensive than two cruise faires:eek:) on a smaller Carnival ship simply because it was a drive to, cheap, long weekend getaway to Cozumel. Low expectations were met, so no disappointments. Unlike the disastrous Maiden Voyage of QM2 with "only" 2,600 new closest friends. Immediately after, I Googled "small ship cruises" and discovered SeaDream. Been doing it ever since. Cannot even Imagine 4,000+ possible participants in "the hairy man contest", etc. Glad you too are now hooked.:D

J.

"putting lipstick on a pig"

...and then selling that dance with the pig. (You know, "don't try to teach a pig to dance, it just wastes your time and annoys the pig."):p

I've done the big lines, and I'll do them again (I'm a sucker for the Disney Dream next year) for the right reasons. But for Carnival to try to differentiate itself this way, it just cracks me up.

In the meantime I'll hope for my next SeaDream cruise and be grateful that I'm a member of such a small club!

Archived