Bon Voyage Drinks . . .

zerooveride

Now I know it is against the rules, but I usually smuggle some Rum on board but have read recently of the crackdowns and am thinking of buying a bottle of Rum from the Bon Voyage Department. My question is alcohol from Bon Voyage only allowed in cabin or can you bring some around in a little container or flask and mix it with the soda you get with your soda card? If this is allowed this will save me ALOT of money . . . I love Rum and Coke :)

I'm not sure how you would be able to prove your booze is the legal kind versus the smuggled on sort if you are carrying it around the ship in a flask. I suppose you could show them whatever type of receipt they give you from the Bon Voyage Dept and hope they believe you. I think if you're careful and not flashy with the mixing, no one will notice. Not that I speak from experience. ;)

new to carnival- seriously considering the dream in the summer- but what is the bon voyage department?

It is the department where you can pre-order things to have waiting for you in the room from. For example, Wine, Champagne, Gift Sets, Bar Credits, Photo Credits, Room Decorations, Cakes, and Liquor.

Here is some of the items they sell: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/images/bvfxfr.pdf

They do not list Liquor on the website but that can be ordered on most ships by calling them.

If you buy it thru Bon Voyage, I don't think there is any restrictions on where you consume it. We smuggle beer and liquor and we bring it with us when we go out. I'll mix a drink in the cabin to take out at night or take a small cooler of beer to lido deck to lay out. They don't have security people going around checking your alcohol. Don't sweat it.

I'll be honest. It usually just has ice water in it. :p Although in Jan on the Pride, I ordered 4 glasses of tomato juice one morning from room service and made 1 heck of a bloody mary with the vodka I ordered from Bon Voyage. :)

If you think you will actually do the rum/coke thing, go for it. We ordered two liters of rum for something like 40 dollars a piece, and took almost all of it home. I could have done that with some much cheaper alcohol from a duty free shop. I thought I was going to drink a lot more than I actually did. But, I don't like rum and coke so my only other mixer was lemonade.

Mrs. Zee, the rum goes very well with the guava juice that's at the buffet during breakfast. As does vodka.

We took along a few empty sports bottles (aluminum), filled them at breakfast and stashed them in the fridge for later in the day.

Too much of a pain to carry around. If I have the soda card, I just carry a flask and poor some rum in my coke :)

I think the problem is, when you order the cokes on the soda card, they pour 2 ounces into a dixie cup, so you end up spending a lot of time at the bar waiting for 2 ounces of coke. Much easier to mix a man-sized drink in your cabin and carry it around and not have to go to the bar every 10 minutes..

I think the problem is, when you order the cokes on the soda card, they pour 2 ounces into a dixie cup, so you end up spending a lot of time at the bar waiting for 2 ounces of coke. Much easier to mix a man-sized drink in your cabin and carry it around and not have to go to the bar every 10 minutes..

Yeah but once you break the seal you're gonna be going to the bathroom that often anyways so it's not like its really out of your way... :eek::p

Now I know it is against the rules, but I usually smuggle some Rum on board but have read recently of the crackdowns and am thinking of buying a bottle of Rum from the Bon Voyage Department. My question is alcohol from Bon Voyage only allowed in cabin or can you bring some around in a little container or flask and mix it with the soda you get with your soda card? If this is allowed this will save me ALOT of money . . . I love Rum and Coke :)

My husband ordered a bottle of Jameson for our cruise. Everytime he took the bottle or some container with the alcohol in it, he carried the receipt that said he bought it from Bon Voyage with him. No one ever questioned him, but it was good to have just in case.

Also, if you go to the bar they will fill up your personal container with pop. He bought a water bottle from Carnival and they had no problem filling it, I'm not sure if it work the same with one you brought from home.

So, he would tell them to fill it up 1/2-3/4 way and fill the rest with alcohol.

I just bought the Drink of the Day. I used the hurricane type carnival cup all week long. My sister had a big insulated water bottle that she bought on the ship that she kept filled with a mixed drink. She just poured it into her cup as she needed it. OKAY she poured it into mine a few times too.

She actually brought a bag of alcohol and we would meet on the lido deck and have shots every night. Blow jobs, buttery nipples, etc.

Carnival also sells tumblers with lids at the gift shop. I bought one and a soda card. Fill with coke take a couple of sips then go to my cabin and fill with rum.I always need to pop back into the cabin for something anyway so it's not a wasted trip... although after 2 or 3 trips I am!;):D

I got a BV bottle of gin, I figure if I walk around with a gin and tonic all the time it just looks like ice water, or sprite if you look close to see the bubbles! Just don't stumble around or jump into the pool yelling "I'm king of the world" and I don't think any staff will give you a hard time.

If you have a lot of friends on board, a nice assortment is appreciated, and on tours...... A traveling bar....bring your own mixers ~~!!~~

ammo.jpg

In use on the Lido deck.........

Image3.jpg

so i called last week and they told me they would only do wine. did i talk to the wrong person? :confused:

Yes. Make sure to talk to the Bon Voyage department ONLY. The regual cust service people have no idea what is going on when it comes to this. It really is silly how poorly they communicate with each other. Make sure to get ahold of Bon Voyage and tell them you want to order a bottle of liquor for your state room, they will tell you all the prices and hook you up!;)

I just bought the Drink of the Day. I used the hurricane type carnival cup all week long. My sister had a big insulated water bottle that she bought on the ship that she kept filled with a mixed drink. She just poured it into her cup as she needed it. OKAY she poured it into mine a few times too.

She actually brought a bag of alcohol and we would meet on the lido deck and have shots every night. Blow jobs, buttery nipples, etc.

Nothning like a good blow job(shot) on the lido deck

• 1 year later...

Planning on ordering a couple bottles from BV on our upcoming carnival cruise. I am not a huge drinker, but enjoy an occasional vodka/oj vodka/cran or rum/coke... any other ideas to get more variety out of these two bottles? Wifey and neighbors traveling with us like no alcohol tasting alcohol..:) any ideas suggestions for giving them some variety without breaking the bank and bringing on a ton of mixers?

Archived