Would you host a roll call get together in your cabin and balcony?

MamaTene

Assuming you're not kidding, how much fun could that have been squashed like sardines?

No, I'm not kidding.

And the cabin crawl host had served a delicious beverage to take away the pain.

Remember, you can fit quite a few people on the bed so they are not taking up floor space.:p

Hubby and I hosted a anniversary party for his parents on the Carnival Spirit. We had an 8A balcony cabin but quite a few folks attended. We had Cake and maybe coffee...can't remember for sure about the drinks. It was fun! some of the folks from the roll call came but not all...that would have been a tight fit with all of us in an 8A!

I posted a question the other day asking what a " cabin-crawl" was. (we are new) and a vetren crusier told me about a poker-cabin crawl.

I was told that you get at least 8 people and each couple/person hosts their cabin for a cocktail and one poker card. when you get a hand you arrange a meeting spot to determine the winner. It was $5.00 per person to add to the pot and each cabin has to bring their own deck of cards. I think there was one person that was in charge of adding the points. Not sure, but this sounds like fun. The post is probably a few pages back. You can read it for the rules.

My BF makes these really good shot drinks called "wedding cake" they taste just like vanilla cake with frosting. If we host a cabin, this will be our offering. I say meet and greet first then host your cabin.

Sounds yummy Care to share the recipe?

HMMM...maybe I could order assortment of finger foods/sandwiches from the menu for room service and have it delvd....

People have done that, but embarkation day may be tough. They usually do it for cabin crawl.

Exactly. If someone is willing to put their selves out there on these boards, they probably are not serial killers. Crime stats on cruise ships are quiet low.

true...but it doesn't mean someone you don't know might not drink your personal booze or clog up your bathroom on you. :eek:

I think it depends on the group and how you are feeling about them. We had a big get together on the Westerdam this last January that ended up in one of our group member's cabins. It was PACKED as it was a balcony cabin, not a suite, but we had a great time!

I am hoping to host a get together in my suite next January. I only have 9 months to go, so I will have to make a decision soon! ;-)

I have to agree it was the BEST group of people..it made the whole cruise amazing. I am not sure Rob but I think it was a Cat SS mini suite not a regular balcony. None the less you are right it all depends on the group. I think having met the night before at the hotel also made everyone a little more comfortable. We were like a big puzzle and all the pieces just seemed to fit!

Andrea

We're having a m&g on our cruise in April. But we contacted Carnival and they reserved a time & place for us to have it. That way, you don't have strangers in your room, but everyone gets to hang out and meet. And after that, like you said, you can selectively invite some people to your cabin. If you need the contact info for who to get w/ at Carnival, let me know.

Have been on many cruises with some very active roll calls while others not so much so. Have built lasting relationships with some of the folks met here on Cruise Critic and the roll calls.

Guess for the upcoming cruise, will see how the Meet and Greet goes and then decide if I want to host a get together later in the week.

Thanks for the input folks!

We have done it many times, twice on the Miracle and the others on Princess. We had suites on all ships and had plenty of space. We contacted Someone in food and beverage and we bought the wine and beer, they supplied some snacks for us and offered to leave someone to serve the drinks.

Tom

[quote name='jrmende63']Sounds yummy Care to share the recipe?[/quote]

----- Wedding Cake Shots-----
-
1/2 oz Stoli or other Vanilla Vodka
1/2 oz Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
1 Lemon, sliced
Granulated Sugar.

Mix the vanilla vodka and Frangelico together in a shot glass. Before taking a shot, dredge a lemon slice in sugar. Drink the shot and immediately bite the lemon. ( some people bite the lemon first, then do the shot)

----Chocolate Cake Shot-----

.75 oz Vodka (not flavored)
.75 oz Frangelico
Granulated Sugar

Use a double shot glass for this. Dip the rim of the shot glass in water and then coat with sugar. In a Shaker filled 1/2 with ice, add the vodka and Frangelico. Shake and Strain into the glass.

--- German Chocolate Cake Shots -----

.75 oz Coconut Rum
.75 oz Frangelico
Granulated Sugar

Dip the rim of a double shot glass in water then coat with granulated sugar. In a Shaker filled 1/2 with ice, add Coconut Rum and Frangelico. Shake and strain into a glass.

!!!!!!!!! BEWARE OF THESE, YOU CANNOT TASTE THE ALCOHOL AND THEY REALLY DO TASTE LIKE THE REAL THING. ENJOY :D

[quote name='Hoosiercouple']----- Wedding Cake Shots-----
-
1/2 oz Stoli or other Vanilla Vodka
1/2 oz Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
1 Lemon, sliced
Granulated Sugar.

Mix the vanilla vodka and Frangelico together in a shot glass. Before taking a shot, dredge a lemon slice in sugar. Drink the shot and immediately bite the lemon. ( some people bite the lemon first, then do the shot)

----Chocolate Cake Shot-----

.75 oz Vodka (not flavored)
.75 oz Frangelico
Granulated Sugar

Use a double shot glass for this. Dip the rim of the shot glass in water and then coat with sugar. In a Shaker filled 1/2 with ice, add the vodka and Frangelico. Shake and Strain into the glass.

--- German Chocolate Cake Shots -----

.75 oz Coconut Rum
.75 oz Frangelico
Granulated Sugar

Dip the rim of a double shot glass in water then coat with granulated sugar. In a Shaker filled 1/2 with ice, add Coconut Rum and Frangelico. Shake and strain into a glass.

!!!!!!!!! BEWARE OF THESE, YOU CANNOT TASTE THE ALCOHOL AND THEY REALLY DO TASTE LIKE THE REAL THING. ENJOY :D[/quote]
Thank you very much from one Hoosier to another! I lived in Indiana for a VERY long time...Having moved to SC in 1987.

[quote name='Hoosiercouple']
My BF makes these really good shot drinks called "wedding cake" they taste just like vanilla cake with frosting. If we host a cabin, this will be our offering. I say meet and greet first then host your cabin.[/QUOTE]

recipe please :D:D:D

oops! should have kept reading instead of just jumping in. THANKS!!

[quote name='MamaTene']We are sailing Glory in April and have been assigned a very large suite that has a large balcony as well.
Thinking of hosting a get together for folks from our CC roll call but dont know if that is proper or not. Thoughts?[/quote]

Yup.. always do and always will.. its awesome to meet new peeps.. and even better when they are repeat friends that you always cruise with;)

Archived