Florence 1-day trip

txd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sciroccata,

What is the best and secure web site to use for ordering Uffizi gallery tickets? Do you have to be on time with the advance purchased tickets?

Thanks, TD

This is the official website of the State Museums of Florence (you can buy tickets online for several museums) . I think it's safer and from what I read, is the only official for-sale tickets online!!

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/venue.aspx

When you go to Florence?

We are plannining one day trip to Florence from Rome May 16 or May 18.

Our cruise starts may 19.

TD

• 2 weeks later...

Trains between Rome and Florence are frequent, even the new high speed Frecciargento and Frecciarossa. On weekday mornings, there are high speed trains at 6:15, 7:15, 7:45, 8:05, 8:15 and 8:40. These trains cost 62 Euros in first class and 44 in second class. In my opinion, second class is just fine, especially for such a short trip.

Where do you find these train times? When I got to the Trenitalia site, it just shows me one train leaving rome at 19:05. I'm sure I'm messing something up, but any help in getting a full schedule. I'm looking to do this trip June 20 or June 21th. Thanks in advance for help!

Where do you find these train times? When I got to the Trenitalia site, it just shows me one train leaving rome at 19:05. I'm sure I'm messing something up, but any help in getting a full schedule. I'm looking to do this trip June 20 or June 21th. Thanks in advance for help!

The problem is that you are looking too far out for the Trenitalia system, they don't have the summer schedules loaded into the system yet. Relax, there will be plenty of trains. Simply look at a representative day of the week (a Sunday and a Monday, in your case) in April or May to see the schedule. When the summer schedule is loaded it may have some slight differences, but it won't be wholesale change.

• 2 weeks later...

Sciroccata, I have to agree about Florence and Italy in general. The people are so warm and make us feel very welcome. I have a friend that is a tour guide in Florence. He grew up in Florence as well as his father and grandfather. His name is Pierguido Sarzani. He was my guide a few years ago and I have stayed in touch with him since. He gave us a wonderful tour after asking us our preferences. Would you happen to know him?

It sounds like you live in the U.S. now. I hope you find our country as welcoming as yours.

Dorothy

Archived