More cruisis and cruiselines in SF in 2011

aaerobear

Some fun stuff is coming. Number one is the Europa on 4/3/11 this is rated as the very very best and most expensive and fabulous ship in the world. With Disney,Crystal, Oceania, Regent, and HAL, also doing cruises in addition to Princess, NCL, and Celebrity should make for an interesting and wonderful year.

Ed/Aaero

Off to Chicago for a birthday party and then to Fort lauderdale for a few days of fun. Sadly no cruising yet.

Some fun stuff is coming. Number one is the Europa on 4/3/11 this is rated as the very very best and most expensive and fabulous ship in the world.

What cruise line are you talking about here? I'm guessing based on your description that it isn't the Costa Europa...

I'm keen to take a cruise from SFO to Mexico. What a great combo that would be. I think RCL is also toying with having their summer cruises go sometimes down to Mexico and sometimes up to Vancouver. Apparently, the itineraries they improvised to avoid the H1N1 scare were actually quite popular.

definately NOT Costa, The Europa is from Hapaq-Lloyd (german)

Come on board!

How about the EUROPA, the most beautiful yacht in the world. The EUROPA 2010 was again the only cruise ship worldwide to be awarded more than 5 stars*. It promises unique cruises for travellers with high expectations. We offer the perfect combination of individual service and exclusive programmes, excellent cuisine and elegant furnishings.

pfeil_reise.gifHonolulu - Acapulco 26 Mar - 13 Apr 2011 MS EUROPA 18 from 8,990 € EUR1106

On my to do list...if I can ever find a voyage that I can afford.

I sailed the Deutchsland out of Kiel a few years back.....simply superb. The German formality was a nice change...although I did stir things up a bit and had lots of fun...especially in the Frtiz bar in the stern.

Europa........a lovely vessel and a must do....maybe 2012.

Many many years ago, I took a two week Caribbean cruise, RT from New York on the old Europa. It was amazing. And in February 2008, we sailed from Cairns to Manila on the new Europa. It is the most beautiful ship on which I've ever sailed. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was impeccable. Not one bus station in the entire dining room. Each plate was hand carried from the kitchen to the table. Very casual during the day, but at night 99% of the men wore suits or jackets and ties for dinner. And although we were told that the Germans could be difficult, everyone was really nice. That's not just the crew, but the passengers as well. The biggest problem was language, but it didn't deter us having a great time. Be aware that the sauna and steam rooms are co-ed and naked! There is also a deck for nude sun bathing. And the ship does very interesting itineraries. PS to RMS Olympic, A completely different experience then the ones we had on the Vera Cruz, but maybe we'll talk about that at another time.

The Vera Cruz.......holy sh-t....now that is a name I haven't heard on in years. I use to refer to her as the SS Dog even though I never sailed her.

Back in 84, on my first HAL cruise (the Nieuw Amsterdam) we were tied up at a pier in Mexico along side the Vera Cruz. At dinner I watched her bob up and down as we sat motionless. I saw crew taking plastic chairs out onto the deck to be washed down with a hose......where from within the ship these chairs came from.......I shudder to think.

German ships....I learned the hard way about coed saunas. I did not know when I used it the first time on the Deutchsland. There I was barely covered with a towel.....with my eyes closed. I heard the door open and thought goody, company. Well when I next heard womens voices, my eyes popped open as I grabbed my towel to secure it. What did I see when I opened my eyes...three German women naked. Upon seeing my facial expression, they asked me if I was one of the American passengers and did I want them to cover up. I said no.....I would just adjust my mindset.

The the Capatin came in.....all buffed and so nicely accessorized. Wow, the women seemed to just dissapear without going anywhere.

They all harassed me about being of German decent, but not speaking the language of the fatherland.

Funny......at night in the Lily Maleen lounge, the more I drank, the more I understood the German language.....and I dont know any German.

Sailing a German ship.......as formal as they can be....loved every minute of it. And the stories I could tell from that cruise........

Makes me want to get of Europa all the more. By the way, Hapag Lloyd lists bilingual cruises.....

So come 2012......I think you will find me on her.

Crowes nest........think fall 2011 crossing.

Would be great to get a bunch of seasoned cruisers together for story telling time in the bar. Days and nights of comparing notes......what a lovely way to cross.

Archived