02/27/2010 Freedom Eastern Caribbean Photo Review

Krissta

Day 9: Ft. Lauderdale, debarkation

Waking up at 5:00 a.m. while on vacation to get kicked off the boat completely sucks.

Sense my displeasure?

IMG_3338.jpg

My last two pictures are of us pulling into Ft. Lauderdale.

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

Thanks for all the great comments. I really appreciate them!

I know how little info is available for this specific eastern itinerary, so I really wanted to give people something to look at and to look forward to.

Again, this is the best cruise I have ever been on. Carnival really sets the bar immensely high. I was completely blown away by the cleanliness of all the areas, the friendliness of the staff, and the awesomeness of the food. Mmmmm...

Now where did I put that that soft-serve frozen yogurt machine?

Loved the review. Leaving on the Freedom April 4th. Can't wait!:D Wondering if suits and ties are REQUIRED on informal nights @ the Sunking? Taking teens with us and they won't wear a jacket, a polo is asking a lot, LOL! Did you do self debarkation? What time did everyone have to be off the ship? Sorry for all the questions, but this is our first cruise and don't really know that much, just wingin' it. Thanks. AGAIN, GREAT POST!:)

Krissta! I can't believe we didn't run into each other!! We did a lot of the same things, our tables were near one another I think. We even went to the Sun King the same night! (we ate fairly late though, only opening they had left when we called was 8:30)

Crazy! I'm loving your pictures though, especially of the ship, knowing I was there! (totally looked for myself in all of your photos haha) I especially love that you got a shot of the ship in port in Antigua! I wanted one (fiance's !!! parents were on the Celebrity ship next to it!) and forgot to get the picture! You have one!! Awesome.

Seahorse snorkel catamaran in Nassau... did you book it with Carnival or separately and how much was it?

Was Ryan Fitzgerald your CD, and if yes, how was he?

Also, any suggestions for my "group" ranging from grandparents 80 down to 16 years old? I know I have more questions, just cant think of them right now... lol

Krissta,

Thanks for the great review! We had some friends on that ship, and loved seeing where they were (and have to get them to do a review!)

Where are you going next?

Next? Hah! Next we're buying a house and having some kids. We probably won't have another vacation like this for a long time. :|

Loved the review. Leaving on the Freedom April 4th. Can't wait!:D Wondering if suits and ties are REQUIRED on informal nights @ the Sunking? Taking teens with us and they won't wear a jacket, a polo is asking a lot, LOL! Did you do self debarkation? What time did everyone have to be off the ship? Sorry for all the questions, but this is our first cruise and don't really know that much, just wingin' it. Thanks. AGAIN, GREAT POST!:)

I honestly have no idea about the suit. I think I saw some people in there that were dressed pretty casual, just make sure you go on a non-fancy night (for the eastern Caribbean, it's on the at-sea days). On those nights, I think they do require getting decked out.

We did self-debarkation because we had an 11:10 a.m. flight. We could get off the ship I think around 6. They were calling floors, but technically you could just leave whenever. We had a nice full breakfast on the Lido then left. It only took like 20 minutes to get from boat to taxi. Painless. ;) I'm not sure what time everyone has to be off by because I just concentrated on us getting off early.

Krissta! I can't believe we didn't run into each other!! We did a lot of the same things, our tables were near one another I think. We even went to the Sun King the same night! (we ate fairly late though, only opening they had left when we called was 8:30)

Crazy! I'm loving your pictures though, especially of the ship, knowing I was there! (totally looked for myself in all of your photos haha) I especially love that you got a shot of the ship in port in Antigua! I wanted one (fiance's !!! parents were on the Celebrity ship next to it!) and forgot to get the picture! You have one!! Awesome.

We were at the Sun King for 6:00. I had made reservations at home before hand. But I'm glad you got in! :) Seemed very busy that night.

And I'm glad you could "steal" one of my pics. :)

Seahorse snorkel catamaran in Nassau... did you book it with Carnival or separately and how much was it?

Was Ryan Fitzgerald your CD, and if yes, how was he?

Also, any suggestions for my "group" ranging from grandparents 80 down to 16 years old? I know I have more questions, just cant think of them right now... lol

We technically booked it on our own, but when it got to that day, it turns out they are a Carnival tour provider. So they kinda tried to keep us on the down low. :| I don't know why they would offer the tour on their own web site, then keep it secret from Carnival. Not to mention the price difference was only a few dollars.

The CD was Ryan Fillepe (or however you spell it). He was ok, at least a bit memorable, which is something I can't say about any other cruise I've been on.

As for a group, it's really hard to say. Most of the things we did required a lot of walking, and for the Baths, some very creative angling of the body to fit through the rocks. ;) Hopefully you'll get some better ideas from other CCers. :D

Great review and awesome pictures. I especially loved the night pictures of the ship. I'm not sure if someone already asked, so I apologize if they have, but where did you find the window clings? I love those! That is a great way to decorate your room a little. Thanks for sharing your cruise experience. I also loved all the group photos!

Great review and awesome pictures. I especially loved the night pictures of the ship. I'm not sure if someone already asked, so I apologize if they have, but where did you find the window clings? I love those! That is a great way to decorate your room a little. Thanks for sharing your cruise experience. I also loved all the group photos!

I actually found them at Target, and they were on clearance for like $1! I bought them around September so they were clearing out all their summer stuff. :)

Krissta -

Really enjoyed your review and pics, thanks so much for posting. Couldn't agree with you more about Freedom - when I was on her 8-day Western last June, I thought it was a cut above other ships I'd been on, loved it so much I booked your itinerary for this fall and can't wait!

Do they still have the jacuzzi in the spa or did they take it out?

Krissta -

Really enjoyed your review and pics, thanks so much for posting. Couldn't agree with you more about Freedom - when I was on her 8-day Western last June, I thought it was a cut above other ships I'd been on, loved it so much I booked your itinerary for this fall and can't wait!

Do they still have the jacuzzi in the spa or did they take it out?

I believe they do. I only went in the spa real quick just to check it out. I didn't get that far. :)

Great review. We did this on the Freedom last year and outstanding.

When we went to the baths we used a ferry service that included trucking us to the baths. Thought San Juan was a waste as we got in so late but overall great great cruise.

We did the Freedom again last month and went to Panama. Great cruise and great roll call.

Our CD was a temporary one named Felipe Cavuto and he was awful. His GF was on the ship for the week and paid more attention to her than his job.

We have had Ryan on another cruise and thought he was one of the better ones.

Archived