Princess kids club

kaj1436

I just finished reading the cruise critic ship review of the Carribbean Princess. It states that they allow un potty trained children in the kid's program and that they provide pagers to the parents when a diaper needs to be changed. I was under the impression that all children needed to be potty trained. Has Princess changed their policy or is the review inaccurate?

My daughter was still not potty trained by 3 years old, but was allowed to participate in the kids programs on the Princess cruises we took. The staff is not allowed to help at all with diapers or the potty, so they page you when necessary.

Best,

Mia

I was happy that my son was potty trained last year when we took him on a Princess cruise when he was 3, because my understanding was that he would need to be potty trained to be in the club. I was surprised to read, in the materials we received onboard, that parents would be paged for diaper changes. So it must have meant they allowed non-potty trained kids.

This was contrary to the information I'd read on the Princess boards. But I realized that the people answering there hadn't actually travelled with kids, and were just quoting the documentation on the Princess website, which seems to contradict actual practice.

That said, the practice could have changed since last year, or may vary from ship to ship.

I was happy that my son was potty trained last year when we took him on a Princess cruise when he was 3, because my understanding was that he would need to be potty trained to be in the club. I was surprised to read, in the materials we received onboard, that parents would be paged for diaper changes. So it must have meant they allowed non-potty trained kids.

This was contrary to the information I'd read on the Princess boards. But I realized that the people answering there hadn't actually travelled with kids, and were just quoting the documentation on the Princess website, which seems to contradict actual practice.

That said, the practice could have changed since last year, or may vary from ship to ship.

Thank you for your reply. It's so hard to make a decision as to whether or not to go with Princess not knowing if your child will be potty trained by the time of the cruise and especially not knowing if she will be allowed in the kids club if she's not.

What ship were you on when you travelled?

It was the Ruby, over Easter, when there were oodles of kids in the clubs.

I remember coming home and reading the Princess website and seeing some ambiguous language about potty training. I just checked the website today, and the ambiguous language is gone and it says "All children participating in the Youth program must be potty-trained."

So it's possible that they have changed their policy. Or maybe, actual practice still differs from official policy, like it did before.

I'm sure this is very frustrating.

Archived