Connecting Stateroom

I was offered a Junior Suite on the "hump". I know from past experience that the "hump" area cabins on Voyageur Class is the most sought after because of the view. I turned it down because it has a connecting room. I figured that you must have to give up some space to put in another door. Do you think that I should reconsider?

I wouldn't take it either. We had a connecting room on Navigator and while you don't lose any actual space, they can't block the door so you have a small chair instead of a couch. This made it difficult for our son to lounge or rest during the day and we eventually just had to tell the steward to leave the upper down all day. Will never have one again.

We were just on the Radiance with 2 JS with connecting doors - we never actually used them but I saw no loss of space or furniture - had sofa and lounge chair w/ ottoman - maybe there is a difference in the Voyerager vs Radiance class - you can also go on RCCL web site and see each type of suite on each individual ship - there are differences in the size of the JS on different classess

• 2 weeks later...

Most people I think are missing that the OP is talking about a JS here. I´ve stayed in connecting JS cabins and there´s absolutely no loss of furniture in a JS, as the cabin is big enough to have the connecting door and still accomodate the same furniture as a non connecting JS.

I´ve never had any problems in a connecting cabin like noise from next door.

Archived