Hong Kong Dollars

Project_gal

When we complete our cruise in Hong Kong next Spring it will have been 19 years since we were last there. We still have a number of HK$10 notes from our last visit [issued by Standard Chartered Bank and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation]. I understand that HK$10 notes are no longer issued and I suspect that any bank notes from 19 years ago may no longer be valid. Does anyone know if we will be able to convert our old notes into legal currency whilst in Hong Kong our should they be added to the scrapbook?

Sue

When we complete our cruise in Hong Kong next Spring it will have been 19 years since we were last there. We still have a number of HK$10 notes from our last visit [issued by Standard Chartered Bank and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation]. I understand that HK$10 notes are no longer issued and I suspect that any bank notes from 19 years ago may no longer be valid. Does anyone know if we will be able to convert our old notes into legal currency whilst in Hong Kong our should they be added to the scrapbook?

Sue

Sue,

We were just in Hong Kong yesterday off Azamara Quest and I received three of the same $10 HK bills you mentioned in change. I still have one of them from HSBC so you should have no problems with the ones you have.

Jim

Just yesterday I got an old $10 for change after a meal. There is no problem. If you are concerned, walk into any bank and they will be happy to change them for you.

We have a new $10 note that is and purple (mainly) in colour. Some of them are plastic. It is also legal currency. So don't be surprised if someone exchange your old one with this new purple one.

T1dD8jXXh4vJNZ5rjX_084315.jpg

Just yesterday I got an old $10 for change after a meal. There is no problem. If you are concerned, walk into any bank and they will be happy to change them for you.

We have a new $10 note that is and purple (mainly) in colour. Some of them are plastic. It is also legal currency. So don't be surprised if someone exchange your old one with this new purple one.

Angsa

Many thanks!

Sue

Archived