Stockholm dock to airport

gemmagee

Would like to get some idea of how and cost of getting from Stockholm, where Regatta docked to the airport.

Welcome to CC and Oceania board.

There will be plenty of taxis but also a very long line to get into them.

You can pre order a taxi online. It was SEK 170 for 4 people in 2007 (you can pay with CC).

Here is a copy of e mail I got from them in 2007:

*An estimated price for this journey is for each car (4 persons) SEK 170. Bookings can be made on telephone +46 8 15 00 00 or by mail to forbestallning@taxistockholm.se

regards Peter

You can Google for taxis in Stockholm (some taxi companies include Taxi Stockholm, Taxi Kurir, Taxi020 and others)

I did some research on this before we were there last August. If you want to take a cab, I forget the name whether it was Stockholm or not (but think it was) but the phone number on the cab is 150000 with a zero more or less.

What we did, and it was very simple, going from the airport to the dock, was take the Arlanda Express (train to Central Station) and then an easy walk to the cab stand for a cab to the ship. It saved a bit, and on the weekends, the Arlanda Express has a 2-for-1 price. You can buy a ticket for a given day online before you even go -- it is just for the day, not a specific run. Very comfortable train ride. As a matter of fact a ship's bus was leaving the airport at the same time and we beat them by a very large margin. It does involve changing from a cab to the train, but that was fairly painless with no steps, etc.

I did some research on this before we were there last August. If you want to take a cab, I forget the name whether it was Stockholm or not (but think it was) but the phone number on the cab is 150000 with a zero more or less.

What we did, and it was very simple, going from the airport to the dock, was take the Arlanda Express (train to Central Station) and then an easy walk to the cab stand for a cab to the ship. It saved a bit, and on the weekends, the Arlanda Express has a 2-for-1 price. You can buy a ticket for a given day online before you even go -- it is just for the day, not a specific run. Very comfortable train ride. As a matter of fact a ship's bus was leaving the airport at the same time and we beat them by a very large margin. It does involve changing from a cab to the train, but that was fairly painless with no steps, etc.

What you say is true but it's not so cheap to take a cab from train station to the docks or v.v., because it is metered rather than a set fare and thus the price depends on traffic (plus the inconvenience of transferring).

The biggest problem, as I see it, is waiting in very long lines for the taxi when disembarking (unless you are among the first 20 people off the ship). Pre ordering the taxi will circumvent all of the above. Also, the taxi can be shared and so will be the cost of the taxi. JMO.

Archived