Online check-in and trip docs

We paid off our first cruise this past weekend (Monarch on May 10th). Can anyone tell me what the next steps are? Should I go ahead and complete the online check-in, or wait until closer to sail date? At what point will the trip documents be available? RCCL website says they aren't available yet - I do have the electronic version checked. Thanks! :)

eDocs are usually available about 45-50 days before sailing...you should get an email saying so.

go ahead and do the on line check in....you can then print out your set sail pass, which is really all you need.

about 3 weeks before or so, there will be a box you can check to get luggage tags sent....keep checking for that as it gets to the point when they aren't available anymore...in which case you can just get them at the pier...

There really is no need to print all of the e-docs. It's all just a bunch of paperwork. None of it is required to board the ship. Fill out the on line check in forms and then print your Set Sail Pass. All you will need at the pier is your Set Sail Pass, your passport (or birth certificate and driver's license) and your credit card.

eDocs are usually available about 45-50 days before sailing...you should get an email saying so.

go ahead and do the on line check in....you can then print out your set sail pass, which is really all you need.

about 3 weeks before or so, there will be a box you can check to get luggage tags sent....keep checking for that as it gets to the point when they aren't available anymore...in which case you can just get them at the pier...

Our "get luggage tags" button was active as soon as the edocs were available. I would order them as soon as you can as I've heard they have run out.

If you have pre or post cruise transfers, they're in e-docs and you should print those out; for reference, if nothing else.

Other than that, if you're new to cruising, read through the docs. There is some valuable information contained in the booklet.

Archived