Mata tours - Stephan for Raiatea and Bora Bora - anyone gone with him lately?

chamima

Hi Ray and Marcie, what is the price of the tour and also how long is it for and where does it go.

we are doing the Dawn Princess Syd-Hawaii-Syd cruise in April-May this year.

thanks

Ross

Here is link to Mata Tour webpage which shows the two basic tours offered and their contact email. They are 4 hour tours at 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM. Current costs are posted on website, approx 65 USD.

He also offers 1/2 day Bora Bora Lagoon tours.

Ray

I took a look at the website which I think is very new. I want to clarify what I said in my post, #14. We had to be back for our ship at 4:30 pm so he was running just one tour time that day. However our tour also included a visit to a pearl farm and we were out approx 9:30 till 3:30. That was in early December 2011, booked last summer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We ended up going with Stephan 3 times in February.

Twice in Raiatea and once in Bora Bora. He is a really nice guy - his English isn't great but he gives a nice day tour.

On both islands you will feed rays then sharks then have snorkeling time.

On Bora Bora you end up at Matira Beach so either take snacks and drinks or be prepared to buy some. At Raiatea (Tahaa) you end up at his private island (which has been hit HARD by last year's cyclone!! We saw it 6 years ago and it's really been destroyed) and he'll have fruit juice and fruits.

• 2 years later...

Our large family group has used Stephan from Mata Tours two times on two separate trips, most recently in March, 2013. Best value for your money! He is a great guide and will show you a great time.

Do NOT use Marona from Temanave Tours. They will not show up on time at the dock and then harrass you by email afterwards.

This is a late response to your question, but information about good :)tours is always important!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived